Marine Corps - USMC Community - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

nelsonrj
    I agree completely with you. I believe they should bring back the " Draft". I served my time in the Corps in Vietnam.When I got out I worked in the power co.(15 yrs.),most of us were vets from Nam,Korea or WW 2.They were eager to hire vets back then (early 70's).We all had ,regardless of age,a close bond that can only be explained as a Patriotic shared experience. Some guys were drafted and they were proud of their service.It seems it gives them a sense of ownership and pride in their country. Something that's missing today.
    The rich and their puppet politicians would never pass it. Like I've said before their kids party in collage while the poor and middle class put their ass on the line so they can. Today when vets come home all f...ed up because of what they've seen and done.Who do they end up working for in the big Corporations, the f..ing "PRATS"that are wealthy now.With the trophy wife and the house on the beach.It makes me sick.
    I went in. In 1977, san diego marine plt 2096, then goy orders for ojt-0311 i went to pendleton then to okinawa, then to lejeune got
    Out in 81 but.like the saying goes you can get the man out of the marines. But you can Not get the marine out of the man, because the marines is true to the core that once a marine always a marine. Uurrahhh!!!!
    I went in. In 1977, san diego marine plt 2096, then got orders to go ojt-0311, so i went to pendleton then to okinawa, then to lejeune got
    Out in 81 but.like the saying goes you can get the man out of the marines. But you can'T get the marine out of the man, once a marine always a marine. Uurrahhh!!!!
    Updated 10-04-10 at 05:58 PM by psalvarado59
    With our country facing the worst 'Depression', it has ever faced, I'd say it's time to 'Pull our heads out of the sand', as the saying goes.This Post is pretty much 'On the money'. The problem is, that's all we do, spout cliches, and catch words,and whine about our problems. We blame the politicians, but who tells them what to say, think, and vote for? "It ain't me babe !!'
    S/F111 Ken
    Got out in '91 after 13 years in. Should have stayed in. My biggest regret. Still wear a Marine haircut, hang the Marine flag in my house. My father is a Marine as well. I will never lose the title United States Marine. I earned it.
    I Dont Know If I Have The Right To Type Here But Its Been A Pleasure Serving With The Marines .
    Semper Fi Marines great story
    Brothers for life.
    Got out in '70. Not getting any younger. But I still hold the pride of being a marine...and I will die with it.
    semper fi, when asked what was my first job, i proudly tell them , that i am marine. only job that really matter or counted for anything. earned that title in 78 and have worn it proudly since then.
    LMAO - good thoughts. I wish something like that could be done. One of you guys quoted Lincoln saying something about anyone who spoke against the soldiers engaged in the current war should be shot. (paraphrasing since I don't have the exact quote handy) Jane Fonda? Is she an American? I know of a Henry Fonda who left Hollywood to serve in the Navy during WWII. The only Jane Fonda I know is listed as a hero of the Communist Revolution in the War Museum in Hanoi.
    I have 1 problem with your story you said there was a 2210 recruit platoon at San Diego in the fall of 1968 I went in in September of 68 all platoons ended in 68 ours was 3068
    I would like to sgin it to law Lets not forget ted tunner along with jane fonda
    Nice.
    Check out the book on the USMC reading list for Privates:
    Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlin. No, the book is nothing like the fluff movie of the same name.
    Now this sounds so worthy I could cry. However, we all know it could never happen cause these same lazy, leaching, "non-combantants" have their politician "Daddies" that would never vote it into law. And those of who have served are a in a "higher class" than these pukes will ever be.
    sempi fi devil dogz
    Hang in there bro help iz coming!!!
    3Ssixgrunt! what iz up wit u?
    Updated 05-18-09 at 09:22 AM by CHOCTAWBIGNDN
    Was medically discharged...lets tell the truth, I was forced out for medical reasons during the military down sizing after the Gulf War. Undoubtedly the single most worst thing that has happened in my life. I am always a MARINE but living the life of a puke. What I wouldnt give to be back on active status.
    Degenerative Spinal Disk Disease? They got me for Degenerative Joint Disease. I swear I think the Navy Doctors think things up. I was supposed to be walking with a cane by the time I was 40. Ive been a firefighter for 15 years and still hump the highrises. I could have retired with 20 in 06. I feel as if my life was stolen.
    U can take my clothes, my car, my house! But U can never take the title "MARINE"
    My grandpa served in the army & was shot twice in WWll ! My two uncles served in the army & was in Vietnam War! The youngest uncle served in the army & was in the Desert Storm! But me I'm a Marine! I was training to go 2 Iraq and suffered a spinal injury & then was diagnosed with degenaritive spinal disk disease!
    Istill think about boot camp & all the Marines served with & can proudly say I'm a MARINE! Semper Fi!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast