PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane RJ... Memorial link...

Phantom Blooper
10-24-10, 07:47 PM
http://www2.wrbl.com/news/2010/oct/23/hundreds-pack-marines-funeral-ar-1001800/

Fitting for a 1/8 Marine to be laid to rest 10/23/10.....27 years later.

RIP Marine Hurricane,RJ ...:flag:

:evilgrin:

SGT7477
10-24-10, 07:58 PM
RIP Marine, Semper Fidelis.

USNAviator
10-24-10, 08:04 PM
Chuck I get the reference. Sad no one else does. RIP Raymon. Your short time on earth is over Marine. You've gone home to God.

Gunner 0313
10-24-10, 08:13 PM
:flag:R.I.P. Brother ! I will never forget that date for two reasons now.

Marine84
10-31-10, 09:33 AM
WOW! It breaks my heart.

hbharrison
10-31-10, 10:42 AM
R.I.P. Marine you will be on my mind always.

Lupo22
04-08-11, 08:16 PM
To those of you who just knew Johnson through here, I served with him. When I first got to the Fleet, he was one of my mentors. He took me under his wing, even though we were in seperate companies (he was in Alpha, I was in Weapons). He took me around base while I was moving my wife up here and still living in the barracks without a vehicle. He showed me around, took me out around Jacksonville and was an all around great friend. My father, wife and I took him to his first ever Miami Hurricanes game (he was a huge fan, hence his username). He talked to my dad the whole way home, trying to coax his fears about his son deploying to Afghanistan, telling him it was going to be ok and that we'll be safe and hopefully it will turn into another Al Asad deployment for us.

Well, I got the word after we went into River City that it was a Johnson in Alpha, but there were 4 of them. A day or so later, I found it was Raymon.

He was a great Marine, a great leader, and a great friend. Rest in Peace brother. I love you and I appreciate everything you did for me. Semper Fidelis.

The first day I met him was 10/23 when I got to the Fleet. For 1/8, it was fitting that we got there on 10/23 and it is unfortunate he was laid to rest that same day.

thewookie
04-08-11, 08:19 PM
RIP RJ,, you were a good dude and I miss seeing you around. Thanks for providing me the freedom I have now.

AlohaMarine
04-09-11, 07:54 PM
To those of you who just knew Johnson through here, I served with him. When I first got to the Fleet, he was one of my mentors. He took me under his wing, even though we were in seperate companies (he was in Alpha, I was in Weapons). He took me around base while I was moving my wife up here and still living in the barracks without a vehicle. He showed me around, took me out around Jacksonville and was an all around great friend. My father, wife and I took him to his first ever Miami Hurricanes game (he was a huge fan, hence his username). He talked to my dad the whole way home, trying to coax his fears about his son deploying to Afghanistan, telling him it was going to be ok and that we'll be safe and hopefully it will turn into another Al Asad deployment for us.

Well, I got the word after we went into River City that it was a Johnson in Alpha, but there were 4 of them. A day or so later, I found it was Raymon.

He was a great Marine, a great leader, and a great friend. Rest in Peace brother. I love you and I appreciate everything you did for me. Semper Fidelis.

The first day I met him was 10/23 when I got to the Fleet. For 1/8, it was fitting that we got there on 10/23 and it is unfortunate he was laid to rest that same day.

http://leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90010&highlight=hurricanerj

Post #7.

:iwo: