PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

mwar
10-23-10, 02:05 PM
I appreciate any advice on this situation: <br />
I was on Parris Island from June ’09 to Oct. ’09. I failed to qualify with an M16A2 service rifle and was dropped. I took extra rounds from a Marine coach...

mwar
10-23-10, 02:07 PM
Sorry. Here it is more readable. <br />
<br />
I appreciate any advice on this situation: <br />
I was on Parris Island from June ’09 to Oct. ’09. I failed to qualify with an M16A2 service rifle and was dropped. I...

Zulu 36
10-23-10, 03:57 PM
If you didn't get the extra rounds, you would have gone Unk. So you wouldn't have passed everything. <br />
<br />
Wait the two years. Be respectful, but tell your parents firmly to butt out of your life. You...

hbharrison
10-23-10, 07:01 PM
First of all you have two years so now is the time to find someone in your area that can work with you to learn how to shoot the M16. As for your parents if you wish to be in the Marine Corps you need to muster up and advise them to back off it is your life. A lot of Marines have had to do this you are not the first.

mwar
10-25-10, 07:25 AM
Thank you- will do.

Sgt Leprechaun
10-26-10, 12:31 AM
At present....I have serious doubts you'd be able to get back in. Read the article I just posted up about waivers. And those are 'moral' waivers, not 'Recruit Training Drop' waivers, which as I understand it, are even MORE difficult to get approved.

In 2 years, things may change. Emphasis on 'may'.