PDA

View Full Version : Job List Coming Out...?

Kiri
10-23-10, 01:32 PM
I'm waiting on a so called "job list" to come out so I can get my MOS squared away. I've had my last recruiter and my new one both tell me it's coming out "any day now" for the last month or so. I'm not sure what to think about that at this point, simply because I don't know anything about the process.

Has anyone else had issues with this? Am I just being yanked around? Think they're just trying to get me to go in open contract be any chance?

Zumbii
10-23-10, 01:40 PM
I was told september to october the fiscal year starts and new jobs are announced. I got my job in september and so did many other poolees on here.
Just wait it out I guess?

the802
10-23-10, 01:55 PM
The job list came out the first week of July...the actual jobs open up in the new Fiscal year, Oct. 1st.

Kiri
10-23-10, 03:57 PM
Not to point out the obvious, but October 1st was a while ago. I'll call up my recruiter and see what's going on... again.

luis2787
10-23-10, 06:16 PM
Not to point out the obvious, but October 1st was a while ago. I'll call up my recruiter and see what's going on... again.

what job do you want

sparkie
10-23-10, 07:05 PM
The end of October is the new fiscal government year. Period.

luis2787
10-23-10, 07:09 PM
The end of October is the new fiscal government year. Period.

i figure if you really want to be a Marine shouldnt matter what job u get honestly :evilgrin:

sparkie
10-23-10, 07:13 PM
When I went all was open contract. Things change.

Now you all scuffle for sumpthin you want. We just wanted to serve.

Kiri
10-24-10, 11:57 AM
Woah now. Easy there kids. Yes, I want to get my specific job feild (MP) pretty badly, and I'll annoy my recruiter until I ship to MEPS to get it, but that's only because I want to go into the law enforcement feild if/when I get out. If I don't end up getting it, oh well, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try. I'd still go in no matter what job I got anyway guys, so chill out.

:confused:

So yeah, talking to my recruiter about it on Tuesday after poolie function. He has the job list. We'll see what happens.

lmm11205
10-24-10, 03:31 PM
I got the top pick of my wish list...first week of October. That means I had to wait almost 8 months after i signed to get a job. So there must be a job list.

younger223
10-24-10, 03:57 PM
Being a Marine in general will look good for law enforcement. Whether you're in admin or MP, your employer will know you have the traits needed.

luis2787
10-24-10, 03:59 PM
Being a Marine in general will look good for law enforcement. Whether you're in admin or MP, your employer will know you have the traits needed.

agreed :evilgrin:

DubGee
10-24-10, 04:16 PM
Woah now. Easy there kids. Yes, I want to get my specific job feild (MP) pretty badly, and I'll annoy my recruiter until I ship to MEPS to get it, but that's only because I want to go into the law enforcement feild if/when I get out. If I don't end up getting it, oh well, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try. I'd still go in no matter what job I got anyway guys, so chill out.

So yeah, talking to my recruiter about it on Tuesday after poolie function. He has the job list. We'll see what happens.

If you dont get it, oh well? Hmmm I guess picking a job that your going to do for the next 4-5 years isnt that important...

Dont be like these other fools on here that grab any job or go open because their recruiter is pushing them around. Tell your recruiter your not going to ship without that contract, look him right in the eyes. But, of course, have a 2nd/3rd MOS picked out. PICKED out, not "ill take any job since I couldnt get MP."

Last thing you want to be is one of those Marines who got stuck with 1391 Bulk Fuel, who HATES the Corps, because their job sucks and they expected different.

P.S- If you figure out a 2nd/3rd MOS youd like, then you can get that job in the system, and when the MP contract pops up, switch over. Real simple according to my recruiter. Just 1 piece of paper.

luis2787
10-24-10, 04:35 PM
If you dont get it, oh well? Hmmm I guess picking a job that your going to do for the next 4-5 years isnt that important...

Dont be like these other fools on here that grab any job or go open because their recruiter is pushing them around. Tell your recruiter your not going to ship without that contract, look him right in the eyes. But, of course, have a 2nd/3rd MOS picked out. PICKED out, not "ill take any job since I couldnt get MP."

Last thing you want to be is one of those Marines who got stuck with 1391 Bulk Fuel, who HATES the Corps, because their job sucks and they expected different.

P.S- If you figure out a 2nd/3rd MOS youd like, then you can get that job in the system, and when the MP contract pops up, switch over. Real simple according to my recruiter. Just 1 piece of paper.

i got the job i wanted but if i didnt i was still gonna join but becuase i wanted the title Marine plus like u said i can wait a couple years and switch.

DubGee
10-24-10, 04:52 PM
i got the job i wanted but if i didnt i was still gonna join but becuase i wanted the title Marine plus like u said i can wait a couple years and switch.

I meant that, for example, I want 1391 bulk fuel. But, theres no contracts out right now. So, Im going to get a 42xx contract because thats the 2nd most job I want. So, I ship out in April under 42xx. In the meantime though, Ill call my recruiter up every week and make sure he has an eye out for a 1391 BF contract, so I can switch before I ship.

But, If i cant get the BF contract, then atleast I have my 42xx contract. So ill be doing a job that I somewhat want to do.

luis2787
10-24-10, 05:37 PM
I meant that, for example, I want 1391 bulk fuel. But, theres no contracts out right now. So, Im going to get a 42xx contract because thats the 2nd most job I want. So, I ship out in April under 42xx. In the meantime though, Ill call my recruiter up every week and make sure he has an eye out for a 1391 BF contract, so I can switch before I ship.

But, If i cant get the BF contract, then atleast I have my 42xx contract. So ill be doing a job that I somewhat want to do.

lol okay i misunderstood but i hope u get the job u want

Kiri
10-24-10, 09:00 PM

I'm hoping on Intelligence or Motor T for my secondaries. I have the ASVAB score for Intelligence and I love big things that go VROOM! so I've got that figured out as well.

DubGee
10-24-10, 09:06 PM
lol okay i misunderstood but i hope u get the job u want

No worries haha. And yes I did. Signed my 03xx contract about 1 month ago :)

luis2787
10-24-10, 10:40 PM
No worries haha. And yes I did. Signed my 03xx contract about 1 month ago :)

hey i might be your radio guy in your unit lol

Rhodes43
10-25-10, 09:01 AM

Hey girl,
That's the MOS I wanted also. But my recruiter said it was full and would remain full for awhile. He also told me that most jobs in the Corps don't directly translate into civilian jobs, so just find something your interested in and go for it! I hope you get that MOS you want, but if not just try something else in the legal field! :)

VanderFool
10-25-10, 07:25 PM
I would never go unless I got the job I want, and I've waited since April for the fiscal year to start so I could get the MOS I wanted (03) and just found out today that the only way to get it is to wait 2 MORE months and changed my ship date to Feb. 7th now instead of Dec.6th. Salty salty salty

Kiri
10-26-10, 10:13 AM
Hey girl,
That's the MOS I wanted also. But my recruiter said it was full and would remain full for awhile. He also told me that most jobs in the Corps don't directly translate into civilian jobs, so just find something your interested in and go for it! I hope you get that MOS you want, but if not just try something else in the legal field! :)

I'm gonna try anyway. I definitely don't want my shipdate changed, since I want to get back for graduation, but I'm bringing my dad with me so maybe my SSGT will take me a little more seriously. My dad's scary. ^^

I've already got a couple of jobs picked out, as seen above, so I think I'll be fine.

Kiri
10-27-10, 07:01 PM
So my shipdate is pushed up and my MP (UT on the list) MOS is being sent to MEPS tonight. As long as it goes through soon it's my understanding that I'll have my job set up before it gets snatched.

sparkie
10-27-10, 07:23 PM

So you're callin me a kid and tellin me to chill out? :evilgrin:

Yankeeloon200
10-30-10, 02:57 AM
I understand the Poolee's here saying they would still serve even if they didnt get the MOS they wanted. But make sure you get an MOS you atleast wanted on your wishlist, because having the title Marine wont make up for hating your time in the Corps.

for example, If you wanted 03XX but it wasen't available how would you feel if you got refridgerator mechanic?

If anyone has the refridgerator mechanic job i mean no offense if you enjoy it. my point is dont join unless you have a MOS that you know you're interested in and can enjoy while you serve. My father went open contract in the Marines and though he loved it and earning the title, he hated his job.

luis2787
10-30-10, 11:26 AM
I understand the Poolee's here saying they would still serve even if they didnt get the MOS they wanted. But make sure you get an MOS you atleast wanted on your wishlist, because having the title Marine wont make up for hating your time in the Corps.

for example, If you wanted 03XX but it wasen't available how would you feel if you got refridgerator mechanic?

If anyone has the refridgerator mechanic job i mean no offense if you enjoy it. my point is dont join unless you have a MOS that you know you're interested in and can enjoy while you serve. My father went open contract in the Marines and though he loved it and earning the title, he hated his job.

well i got communications job so i am happy