PDA

View Full Version : For all the Recon wannabees

Zumbii
10-19-10, 09:52 PM
Feel like I should post this link for you Recon wannabees.
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99831
All I can say is I hope this kid is making this BS up. There are so many of us poolees who would gladly take this contract this kid has been offered. When I first called me recruiter I said "I'm motivated, I'll never quit... I want Recon" and this kid just gets offered a UZ contract like it is no big deal.
MY answer to this kids question is NO... DONT TAKE THE UZ CONTRACT. If you don't another poolee will get offered the contract and hopefully he will be prepared and have wanted the contract for a while. If you take it, and don't know what you are getting yourself into, you will fail and the slot will be wasted.
As you can tell I am a little ticked off. And for all I know the kid could be a swimming and PT stud... if he is, take the contract... don't quit... and become a Recon Marine.

Rough Hands
10-19-10, 10:47 PM
MY answer to this kids question is NO... DONT TAKE THE UZ CONTRACT. If you don't another poolee will get offered the contract and hopefully he will be prepared and have wanted the contract for a while.

:thumbup:

There are so many poolees out there that would kill for that contract. Literally.

Zumbii
10-19-10, 11:17 PM
I hope I wasn't coming off too much like a d!ck... and I'm sorry if I was.
The kid seems like a good kid.

PARKER93
10-20-10, 08:05 AM
I would do anything to get a UZ contract, but we didn't get any for the new year.

ScarSniper
10-20-10, 09:27 AM
Feel like I should post this link for you Recon wannabees.
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99831
All I can say is I hope this kid is making this BS up. There are so many of us poolees who would gladly take this contract this kid has been offered. When I first called me recruiter I said "I'm motivated, I'll never quit... I want Recon" and this kid just gets offered a UZ contract like it is no big deal.
MY answer to this kids question is NO... DONT TAKE THE UZ CONTRACT. If you don't another poolee will get offered the contract and hopefully he will be prepared and have wanted the contract for a while. If you take it, and don't know what you are getting yourself into, you will fail and the slot will be wasted.
As you can tell I am a little ticked off. And for all I know the kid could be a swimming and PT stud... if he is, take the contract... don't quit... and become a Recon Marine.

I'm not remotely interested in being a Recon Marine. I want to be a Scout/Sniper so maybe my imput doesn't matter, but a Kid at my RS got offered Recon too. Gunny wanted to offer it to me but couldn't get a hold of me that week. I would've turned it down anyway, but he's going for it. He's a semi-stud. Not a PT GOD but he's demi, and he's taking the plunge. Kid, if you're reading this, take the freaking contract. Find some ambition and unless there's something else you want to do so badly that it overwhelms the desire to be Recon, pass the course and go on to be one of the baddest Marines on the planet. You're talking about the elite of an already elite group. It's like The Incredible Hulk on Jesus Juice. Goku on steroids. Take the contract and get as high on the PFT food chain as you can. Go for 300. Take the risk man. Worst come to worst you get stuck as an 03 (which most people would die for right now, anyway) and you'll be a grunt. Go for it, and feel the silent pride of knowing that Iron Man's proton cannon wouldn't even put a dent in your armor.