PDA

View Full Version : High Blood Pressure Waiver?

Derek2450
10-19-10, 04:52 PM
I have been going through steps to join the USMC and have run into an issue. Prior to trying to join the enlisted side, I also tried applying for the Officer Training School. During that period I was very stupid in stating my blood pressure was high the last time I went to my doctor. With this information they sent that statement up to MEPS and was DQ'd before going and even being tested for it.

This led me to try for the enlisted side, and during the process they discovered I was dq's for my HBP, yet I had not gone to MEPS. According to my recruiter, the OSO really messed me up. So I obtained a 3 day BP reading and the average score of the readings was 143/73. My recruiter said it is borderline high with the regulation of 140/90. He has sent a package of information to some sort of higher authority. My question is how frequent are these waivers approved, and is there a certain standard to evaluate my situation? If anyone could please provide information or examples regarding this I would greatly appreciate it.

RBrouse
10-20-10, 04:19 PM
I see that no one has answered in a while so I did a little reaserch and it looks like it varys case to case on who gets waivered, also they are kind of gun shy when it comes to blood pressure cause you do a lot of cardio and blood perssure can mess with you a lot. I had another poolee who just got waivered in for a surgury he had so I don't know you'll just have to wait and see