PDA

View Full Version : Tooth

naytt
10-18-10, 02:14 PM
I might have to have a tooth pulled (Abscessed)

Anyone know if that will disqualify me from joining the Marines Corps?

I'll be pretty bummed if it does..

usmc3521
10-18-10, 02:21 PM
it shouldnt, as long as you make it through meps then they will fix it at boot camp. I had the same issue. Made it through meps and developed a abscess an they fixed it at boot. They gave me a light duty slip because they gave me a root canal and they Di threw it away and smoked me on the quarterdeck. good times lol

tdrt
10-18-10, 03:24 PM
OMFG really??!!!

No. It is not a dequal.

usmc3521
10-18-10, 03:34 PM
Ssgt, keep in mind this is one of the less "stupid" questions I have seen LMAO

tdrt
10-18-10, 03:40 PM
I know but geez....

If his tooth is really abscessing, get the damn thing pulled or root canal now. If it's really abscessing, he won't be able to stand the pain long enough to get it taken care of in boot camp.

Zulu 36
10-18-10, 04:18 PM
Go get the darned thing fixed ASAP before it does become a real problem (systemic infection). By itself, a tooth extraction or a root canal is not a DQ issue. Probably not even be a waiver issue. A tooth extraction is hardly even considered surgery (technically it is, but almost as minor as getting sutures for a small laceration).

Get it yanked, take just the bare minimum of pain meds you need to take, and tell the recruiter when you go see him/her. No biggie.

usmc3521
10-18-10, 04:29 PM
yeah, get it pulled now fo sho! I would have but mine did not get problematic until I was at boot

il duce
10-18-10, 04:39 PM
yep, they'll yank it at Bootcamp if you let it go 'til then

I had a wisdom tooth pulled - same deal, DI threw the light duty slip away and smoked my arse. Stitch popped, I coughed up a good half cup of blood on the quarterdeck, went back to dental, re-stitched, and got three days of SIQ! Thank you Sgt Howard!!