PDA

View Full Version : Young and Dumb

sethjewell
10-17-10, 12:44 AM
Hello everyone. My name is Seth. I'm 16, and currently enrolled in JROTC. I have been considering different branches of service, and I think I have decided on the Marines. I have already talked with...

advanced
10-17-10, 06:46 AM
Your juvenile should not be able to be used against you. It's sealed. Don't worry about it.

usmc3521
10-17-10, 11:33 AM
Yep agree with the above.

But if it's not documented, nobody will ever know.

Always remember your 11th general order. "don't get caught" lol jk

Wyoming
10-17-10, 01:26 PM
Nothing is sealed, forever. Nothing.

sethjewell
10-17-10, 08:35 PM
Thank you all for reassuring me. That really was bothering me. Hopefully everything will go smoothly with me enlisting. I plan on going reserves as infantry, while I am going to college. Then getting commissioned as a full time infantry officer after I complete my four year degree.

USNAviator
10-17-10, 09:48 PM
Dave

Isn't there some sort of movement on CORI ( data bank for criminal offenses) in MA? A lot of the data is flawed and as such may prevent someone from joining the Corps if they so wish

I won't go into into the other aspects of CORI for this is not the place

DrZ
10-17-10, 09:58 PM
Seth,
It sounds like you pulled your head out of your butt as you have grown up. Keep your nose clean and don't do anything stupid and you will be fine. Being a kid means you will make foolish mistakes as you did. Becoming an adult mean leaving the childhood errors and foolishness behind you.
Keep out of trouble and you will be fine...both in the Corps and in life.