PDA

View Full Version : hello my fellow poolees

luis2787
10-16-10, 12:17 PM
how is everyone? so been going to the gym 2 weeks straight and i have lossed 10 pounds and yet i dont see it lol. but i am able to run 4 miles now and got my mile and half down to 10 mins so how is everyone else doing?

RBrouse
10-16-10, 12:57 PM
I'm doin good with my work outs just got back from PT and am feelin good i got 5 pull ups and about an inch from 6 so my goal for improving by 2 per week is almost working:D. i am also down to 11:49 on my 1.5 which is good for me i was at 13:12 two weeks ago, and I was alble to do all the workouts with out stopping. we also had a new marine stop by during PT and we all got to ask him questions after it was really cool to hear first hand stories.

luis2787
10-16-10, 01:03 PM
nice nice only thing thats killing me is my weight when i enlisted i was at 187 and now down to 177 the gym is my second home only days i take off so i am busting my butt.

RBrouse
10-16-10, 07:36 PM
ya when i first went to talk to the recruiter i weighed 236 my mx weight is 221 i was able to get to 219 when they sent me to meps now I am hovering at 200-205 i fell off my diet for awhile and have started it again today i want to be at 175 by december.

luis2787
10-16-10, 08:40 PM
yea my goal is to be at 155 by december

RBrouse
10-16-10, 10:12 PM
I'll race ya :thumbup:

Steve018
10-17-10, 09:07 PM
Still waiting to heal up, haven't worked out in weeks and still cant till November! Might start doing pull-ups any way though since that was my big struggle. And heres some motivation for the weight loss. So I met this girl at PT whos as motivated as any poolee can be, she's in better shape than a lot of the guys and the recruiters are real impressed with her. Well apparently before she enlisted, she used to be waaayy overweight, when she decided that she wanted to be a Marine, she decided to lose some weight. And by some weight she meant a little over a 100 pounds in less than a year. She has some pics of her oldself on facebook and she looks totally different. She's super motivated to be a Marine and is willing to go through any hell in her way, whatever your goal is, you can make it.

mcspam
10-18-10, 02:02 AM
I am hovering around 200-205 as well. I got down to 198 lbs and it just gets hard, and little deviations from my diet become bigger issues than they used to be. Of course it doesn't help that I have been dieting straight since May 2009 without a break. Of course I am down 145-150 lbs, but I want to be down to at least 185 before boot, but I will go as low as possible, the lower I am the easier PT will be. I started a new 16 week running program this past week and hope that it helps my pace a lot. I am also going to start the Armstrong pullup program this week as well. That along with my usual 5 day workout split, I should be good to go.

luis2787
10-18-10, 11:48 AM
yah ive been following my diet really good the weight is starting to really come off big time when you do 45 mins of straight running which equals out to 4 miles for me and when u do a lil bit weight training helps burns more fat so im pumped cause im still a pork chop but in time im gonna be a lean mean fighting machine.

RBrouse
10-22-10, 02:06 AM
Just something that made me happy today I weighed in at 199lbs :D that is the first time in three years I saw a 1 infront of the two other numbers :beer:

dcole98
10-22-10, 10:53 AM
hey, just joined here. i leave nov 1st for pi so i have a week left. not having any diet probs besides cutting out beer. i've been running a 5k everyday now along with push ups sit ups ect. last time i ran 1.5 mile it was about 3 months ago at 9:37 sit ups are around 100 and pull ups (my weakness) like 4 maybe 5. i recently found out that i also suck at the fireman carry, where someones on your back, so now i throw my girl over my shoulders and sprint up and down my backyard. sounds dumb but it really helps your distance run esp if you can find a nice hill lol

luis2787
10-22-10, 11:23 AM
well im working with a personal trainer now so it should be able to help reason i am not loosing weight is because i am not adding sprints and my body is used to the distance i am running so today when i do pull ups dips and pushups after that i am gonna do HIIT intervals

Rough Hands
10-22-10, 02:13 PM
well im working with a personal trainer now so it should be able to help reason i am not loosing weight is because i am not adding sprints and my body is used to the distance i am running so today when i do pull ups dips and pushups after that i am gonna do HIIT intervals

Good luck, poolee! :thumbup: Get some!

luis2787
10-22-10, 02:16 PM
Good luck, poolee! :thumbup: Get some!

ty gonna be in beast mode for now on cause i finally know what i am doing.