PDA

View Full Version : MOS/ Enlisting help

erod92
10-15-10, 08:06 PM
my recruiter plans on having me enlist tomorrow but the problem is that i dont know why im gonna enlist if he hasnt for sure given me my MOS yet..i informed him tht i want an infantry job or im not enlisting and his response was that i should sign and go to MEPS and from there he will try "his hardest" to get me it. sometime in me is telling me that i shouldnt do this because im gonna be stuck with something else other than infantry..i know its the military and i but i know i have a say somewhere.. i dont plan on enlisting on an open contract and im more than willing to wait for the infantry job..i could really use some crucial advice right now..=/

usmc3521
10-16-10, 10:40 AM
you will pick your job at meps..........you want to become a Marine for the honor and glory, not because you can ONLY pick the 03 field. If you dont get o3 big deal choose soemthing else, we all go through the same boot camp remember!

Backhaus 1103
10-16-10, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't want to be a pog, but that's just me.
The first time you go to meps you'll sign open. On the day you ship you go back to meps and sign the real contract that should have your job on it

erod92
10-24-10, 07:23 PM
thnx for the advice guys! i leave tomorrow for meps