PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

USNAviator
10-14-10, 07:28 PM
Only a Mod can answer this question. Is it possible to set up a thread where anyone who wanted to pay their respects, offer condolences to the family of LCPL Raymon Johnson could post?

What I'm thinking about is something similar to Legacy.Com where if you can't attend a viewing or funeral, you can leave a post online to let the family know that you are thinking about them

My idea is to start a thread where anyone who wants can leave a message here on LN, set a certain time limit and then send that link onto the young Marine's family. I think they would appreciate it

I'm not tech literate but I do know Raymon was well respected here on LN and if it's possible, it might give his grieving family some comfort

Just a thought from a Squid

usmc3521
10-14-10, 07:31 PM
Only a Mod can answer this question. Is it possible to set up a thread where anyone who wanted to pay their respects, offer condolences to the family of LCPL Raymon Johnson could post?

What I'm thinking about is something similar to Legacy.Com where if you can't attend a viewing or funeral, you can leave a post online to let the family know that you are thinking about them

My idea is to start a thread where anyone who wants can leave a message here on LN, set a certain time limit and then send that link onto the young Marine's family. I think they would appreciate it

I'm not tech literate but I do know Raymon was well respected here on LN and if it's possible, it might give his grieving family some comfort

:thumbup::flag:

usmc987332
10-14-10, 07:57 PM

This sounds like an excellent idea with just one limitation. This should be for a very short period of time, say ten days. I do not think it is the sort of thing that should go on and on. So, if we are going to respond, we should do it as quickly as possible after the death becomes known.

USNAviator
10-14-10, 08:03 PM
This sounds like an excellent idea with just one limitation. This should be for a very short period of time, say ten days. I do not think it is the sort of thing that should go on and on. So, if we are going to respond, we should do it as quickly as possible after the death becomes known.

Bob

I agree completely and your time frame sounds about right. I don't want the family getting condolences six months later. Once the thread has been set up, you only have a limited time to post then the thread is locked forever

Thank you sir!

DanM
10-14-10, 08:39 PM
It is possible by making a new subject section.See section on corpsman.com.

http://www.corpsman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84

there is already a forum here http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=12&page=1&pp=25&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=365 it can be updated for subject matter.

USNAviator
10-14-10, 08:43 PM
It is possible by making a new subject section.See section on corpsman.com.

http://www.corpsman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84

Thanks Dan just waiting for a Mod to confirm the protocol. I think this link should be given a set time limit, say 10-14 days. Then it should be locked forever. The link then sent on to his family.

DanM
10-14-10, 08:51 PM
The corpsman.com forum is in the process of being modified.There have been a number of post from those who are still in country with photos of the deceased that family members have never seen.A longer time period may be necessary for those still in combat areas to have a chance to post.

USNAviator
10-14-10, 09:11 PM
Well I tried

Re: Response
<hr style="color: rgb(181, 177, 177); background-color: rgb(181, 177, 177);" size="1"> As far as I know its not possible as the server will only allow members to post. Im sorry as it would be a good thing for the family. Your heart is in the right place bro thank you.

Jim

Thanks Jim for getting back to me, much appreciated

Quinbo
10-18-10, 01:55 AM
I discovered that is it possible. No special anything to make it happen. Every member that allows vistor messages to be posted has a message board. All it takes is to visit the profile and leave a message. They could all be copy pasted elsewhere.

Here is a link to Rays profile. http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=42470 Just click on the visitor messages and leave a message.