PDA

View Full Version : Any new info on Ray..?

jetdoc
10-14-10, 09:42 AM
I saw the Fox link and what others have posted. I have been in contact with a worried mom as her son was in Rays squad, and there is a lot of misinformation on how many others may or may not have been hurt/KIA....ANYBODY know ANYTHING to help a mom out..?

The info she is getting from official Marine channels isn't helping her, it seems.

God Bless you Ray...Semper Fi bro

Zulu 36
10-14-10, 10:06 AM
I saw the Fox link and what others have posted. I have been in contact with a worried mom as her son was in Rays squad, and there is a lot of misinformation on how many others may or may not have been hurt/KIA....ANYBODY know ANYTHING to help a mom out..?

The info she is getting from official Marine channels isn't helping her, it seems.

If she hasn't heard anything by now, it's a good chance her son is OK. KIA or WIA, they notify pretty fast these days. All phone or internet access for Ray's unit would have been cut off for at least 24-hours or until all notifications are made.

My oldest daughter was at the Bagram theater hospital for six-months. They often let wounded troops use cell phones to call home, sometime while still in the ER. However, they were prohibited from making calls on behalf of the patients.

jetdoc
10-14-10, 10:16 AM
That's what we are hoping Zulu. I am pretty sure if Marines have not shown up at your doorstep by now he is ok....I pray he is.

USNAviator
10-14-10, 10:22 AM

As of 11:20 today....nothing. Nothing from the DoD site nor from any Marine Corps sites. I wish I had more to offer. If you hear anything that has been confirmed please update here

Zulu 36
10-14-10, 10:31 AM
Maybe Ray's mom can call HQMC, they will put an end to the conflicting info for a Marine mom.

According to Vanessa, Ray's family HAS been notified. Jetdoc knows the mom of another Marine who is in Ray's unit. She is the mom who is hanging.

jetdoc
10-14-10, 10:44 AM
According to Vanessa, Ray's family HAS been notified. Jetdoc knows the mom of another Marine who is in Ray's unit. She is the mom who is hanging.

Exactly...and maybe up to 2 other moms as well.

Gunner 0313
10-14-10, 11:13 AM
:flag:I'm hoping this is bogus.

jamielang1951
10-14-10, 11:42 AM
I'm praying so to Gunner. I was going to post some more vids, some cartoons, ect., don't feel much like it now.:cry:& :mad:

jinelson
10-14-10, 01:17 PM
DOD Indentifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Raymon L. A. Johnson, 22, of Midland, Ga., died Oct. 13 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

For additional background information on this Marine, news media representatives may contact the 2nd Marine Division public affairs office at 910-449-9925 or http://www.marines.mil/unit/2ndmardiv/Pages/Media/default.aspx .

To best of my knowlege HurricaneRJ is the only member of Leatherneck.com to have given the last full measure of devotion to his Corps and Country in the current war in Afganistan. We have had some members that have been WIA. Ramon was a very active contributor to our forums both before he became a Marine and after. My sincere condolances to his family and my thanks for raising such a fine young man. Its been an honor and a pleasure to have known LCpl Ramon Johnson United States Marine Corps.

Semper Fidelis

Jim

http://www.defense.gov/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=13968

jetdoc
10-14-10, 03:17 PM
Rays brother posted some specifics about what happened on FB.....sad.

Phantom Blooper
10-14-10, 04:03 PM
Lejeune Marine dies in Afghanistan

October 14, 2010 3:09 PM

A Camp Lejeune Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom this week during combat.

Lance Cpl. Raymon L. A. Johnson, 22, of Midland, Ga., died Tuesday while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan, according to a Department of Defense press release. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force. :flag:

:evilgrin:

Supersquishy
10-14-10, 04:30 PM
Semper Fi Brother.

Gunner 0313
10-14-10, 07:02 PM
Rays brother posted some specifics about what happened on FB.....sad.

:flag:Could you copy and paste, I'd like to see that. It is definitely sad.

firedog974
10-14-10, 07:26 PM
Prayers outbound for our brother and his family......
Semper Fi

Gunner 0313
10-19-10, 05:30 PM
:flag:http://www2.wrbl.com/news/2010/oct/14/family-remembers-marine-killed-afghanistan-ar-964170/

Gunner 0313
10-19-10, 05:34 PM
http://www.mortuary.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/101015-F-4800M-013.jpg

Gunner 0313
10-19-10, 05:37 PM
:flag:http://www.mortuary.af.mil/pressreleases/pressreleasearchive/story.asp?id=123226841

R.I.P. Brother !

MarshRunner
10-19-10, 10:45 PM
R.I.P Marine. Semper Fi!