PDA

View Full Version : Artillery Question.

Austin Murray
10-13-10, 01:14 AM
Hey everyone. I dont know anyone thats in artillery to answer anything, but Im re-enlisting and my boat space in my MOS is full so I got no choice but to lat move and I seen arty has like 20 boat spaces left and I got to summit my package by or right after December 1st. Im just wondering how much field time they spend out there and just the basic environment in a artillery unit I come from the air wing base side of the house in the fleet so I dont know what a ground side unit is like. But anyway thats about it, if you got any other info you wanna give it would be much appreciated. Idk if I posted this in the right place so forgive me if its wrong. Thanks.

BattleBud
10-13-10, 01:21 AM
ok dude seriously, i have been spamming this site like no other, but if there is one good thing i can do to make up for it, its to tell you NOT to go artillery
the reason why there are boat spaces in arty is because IT SUCKS
most of your time will be spent in the field
i was arty
1/11 bravo battery 2006 on up
(yeah guys take the info, i want my battalion to know of my website... f8ckers)
artillery is fun, but the politics of a firing battery ARE NOT
you wont like man, especialy if your coming from the airwing (no offence)

also, i am not just telling you because i hate the usmc, i am telling you this because you will be looking for any opportunity to get OUT of arty as soon as you get in....
please PLEASE PLEASE do something else other than arty

Sgt Leprechaun
10-13-10, 01:21 AM
How about Counter-Intel or 0231?

Nothing left, wing wise? That sux.

Never been Arty but I've not heard much good about it....if BB has been there, then take his word for it.

BattleBud
10-13-10, 01:24 AM
also lol, jeez i just cant leave!
once you have relised your added 4 years was a mistake... i am here for you
stan@*****************
ask me anything about arty
i will tell you all the good and bad.... since your stuck for another 4 friggin years
WHY DIDNT YOU JUST TAKE THE MONEY AND GO TO SCHOOL?!?!?!?!

Sgt Leprechaun
10-13-10, 01:27 AM
See? We are addicting.

That having been said, not everyone wants or needs that option. Me, personally, the only reason I'm even contemplating school is for the BAH. And I'm an old SOB who doesn't really need (or want, quite frankly) school. The last thing I need is some fruity professor lecturing me on 'life'. Bite me, I say. But that money is something different.

Austin Murray
10-13-10, 01:33 AM
I dont have the score for 0231 they have 60 some odd boat spaces left with 5 pending so its going to be open for sure by the time december comes around. i dont feel like taking my asvab again thats why considering arty. i dont like my mos anyway currently and i just wanna try something different. but ya field time all the time? like how much is alot?

Sgt Leprechaun
10-13-10, 01:35 AM
A LOT. And re-take the davmn ASVAB and get the score. Believe me, you won't regret it.

PM BB and I'm sure he'll give you all sorts of scoop.

NO other aviation stuff open? How about Osprey?

Austin Murray
10-13-10, 01:36 AM
I dont have the score for it, im from the air wing but i dont work on aircraft. im TMO.

Sgt Leprechaun
10-13-10, 01:39 AM
Ahh, roger that. What about Admin? Supply?

Bro, anything but Arty. Seriously.

Austin Murray
10-13-10, 01:43 AM
admin all filled up, supply is all filled up. everything i can get is all full but of course the grunts and arty. i be damned if im going to be a grunt so **** that but artillery i dont hear much about. i went for the QRP program but i got a 4.4 4.4 pros and cons so i cant get it.

Austin Murray
10-13-10, 01:45 AM
also i have friends that are actual airwing and they deal with alot different stuff mainly pilots b/s

BattleBud
10-13-10, 01:46 AM
in 2008 i spent 7 months out of the year in the field sleeping on dirt eating mres....
i would rather go back to iraq than go to the field as arty...

BattleBud
10-13-10, 01:47 AM
the onlything better about being in the field as arty than being in iraq, is sometimes having cell reception, so you can sneak those phone calls at night to your squeeze back home

Austin Murray
10-13-10, 01:48 AM
in 2008 i spent 7 months out of the year in the field sleeping on dirt eating mres....
i would rather go back to iraq than go to the field as arty...

okay thats what i didnt know, i thought you go to the field 0 dark 30 all the time and stay until whatever time. but i want to re enlist so if i cant get the job i really want arty is what im picking. besides its just 4yr not a life time.

Austin Murray
10-13-10, 01:53 AM
i talked to the C/P about extending to FY 12 but the marine corps is cutting down on that about marines going to FY 12 from FY 11 so that is out of the question now.

Backhaus 1103
10-13-10, 08:09 AM
Just be a grunt it's SOOOOOOOO badass. Ever heard of exreme police call!!!

Austin Murray
10-13-10, 10:02 AM
bite me

Backhaus 1103
10-13-10, 12:20 PM
Poguetastic

christ0ph0311
10-13-10, 08:46 PM
email sent to you austin

ARTYPIG
10-13-10, 09:12 PM
I don't know why you are all bad mouthing arty. Of course there are better jobs out thereas there is with any profession. I spent 8 years in arty and loved it! I guess it is what you make it. If you hate it and don't try to find a way to make it easier, than you will be miserable. There were alsoa lot of opportunites to cross train anddo other things if you need a break. But again, like anything, it is what you make it.

Don Retired0848
10-19-15, 11:14 AM
The answer.....ALOT YOU POG