PDA

View Full Version : My Meeting with a Marine Corps General

SemperFiParent
10-12-10, 08:31 AM
If I had realized the man speaking to me was the Commanding General of MCRD Parris Island, I may have handled things a little differently.
<O:p

http://rightwingwizkid.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-meeting-with-marine-corps-general.html
<O:p</O:p
After you finish reading my conversation with who I believe was F.M. Padilla, look around the site for parts One and Two (the rest will be showing up through next week) of a 10-part series of what I feel is one of the best damn documentaries about the USMC ever made

Old Marine
10-12-10, 12:35 PM
Believe it or not, that General puts his trousers on one leg at a time same as anyone else.

SemperFiParent
10-12-10, 12:36 PM
That's a good article....I'm sure he didn't take it as lack of respect. To you, he was just a guy passing by, and your enthusiasm was strong. He probably figured it was another very very enthusiastic parent at boot camp........probably laughed at it, knew no disrespect was intended.
((When I graduated, Jan 1964, the CG of MCRD Parris Island was in the PX. I was on base liberty just after graduation, with my mother. She noticed Major General Raymond L. Murray one row away from us and insisted on meeting him and congratulating him on a job well done. To me, a Sgt E-5 was a very high ranking individual, a PFC was looked up to, and walking up to a Major General was a capital offense, punishable by instant death, in the eyes of a brand new Marine. I had been a Marine for less than an hour. I left the PX, telling my mom I just could not go with her because I wanted to keep on living))

I have to admit that a small part of me thought that he might track me down and Quarterdeck me.

And my daughter was relieved when she found out that I didn't introduce myself.