PDA

View Full Version : Hernia Surgery

TMM54
10-10-10, 10:54 AM
Any of you Marines have this surgery? I have hernia on right, VA says we will schedule you for surgery. No word after 1 week and two trips to the ER at the VA Hospital for pain symptoms, etc.

Thanks, and Semper Fi.

Tom

doc h fmf
10-10-10, 12:22 PM
Thomas You Should Push The Issue, Not To Scare You But You Need To Get That Fixed It Could Be Dangerous. Your Intestines Could Be Strangulated Then You Will Be In Trouible.
Take Care And Semper Fi My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

jamielang1951
10-10-10, 12:28 PM
Had it a year ago, hurt like hell for a couple of days. I couldn't stand up straight because it pulled on the incision.
I'm still numb from the incision down, VERY close to my****:scared:

And listen to Doc, same thing they told me, you could be in VERY serious trouble without the surgery asap.

Tracylaud83
10-10-10, 07:48 PM
I had that Surgery in Boot, at P.I. T-9
Then to MRP for a week, before I ripped out the stitches doing required Foot Locker Drills. Spent the next 2 months on my A**, then 1 month at MRP doing reconditiong, then back to T-1. That's right. 6 months of Boot camp.
Force the issue. Get it done.
Could cause real problems if you don't...

TMM54
10-10-10, 08:52 PM
Pain, nausea, vomiting and so off to the VA Hospital this afternoon. Got admitted to the ER right away, but after the surgical resident looked at me and examined the hernia, it was back home to wait some more. They told me to return if things got worse, so I did, but got sent home with same symptoms.

This is not what they promised us when they told us medical care for the rest of our lives.

I think that the VA is doing the best they can with the money that they are given. Just not enough.

The Nurses and Doctors are great - it is the system that is perhaps the problem, and that we can change with our calls and letters to our Senators - and if not then, with our votes.

It is a strange world.

Thanks for the quick replies Marines. I have that - the brotherhood, and no one can take that away from us.

Semper Fi, Tom

jamielang1951
10-10-10, 09:40 PM
I had mine for almost 6 years before I got off my ass and done something about it. It had gone from the size of a small marble to far larger than a golf ball. Never had any of those problems. No pain, but very uncomfortable. Something doesn't sound right here. Maybe you should see another doctor. Sounds more serious than what I experienced.

TMM54
10-27-10, 05:29 AM
Got my hernia fixed at the surgery clinic at the Kansas City VA yesterday. First class treatment for me and all of the other veterans that were there. It was a real class act in every way. The RN's were simply great - Kiki Walker, Pat, and all of the others. I felt very safe, and the surgeon was very reassuring.

We are really blessed to have the VA to help us when we get older.

Thanks Kansas City VA Hospital!

Semper Fi, Tom