PDA

View Full Version : Update on Dunk

Deduke
10-08-10, 07:50 PM
This is from Dunk's neighbor:

Gene is thrilled. While I was there this morning he received the phone call that he's been waiting for. I need to get to bed so I'll make this quick.

The Major has been wanting to find a nursing home to live at, mainly so that the people who have been caring for him won't have to anymore, except for maybe on weekends. He's becoming weary of "needing" so much from others and though we're all honored to do so, his recent recovery is, of course, going to require longer caregiving. He feels that the biggest contributors need a break and, I think also, doesn't want to "impose" any longer to those that he cares about. People get paid to do that so why not let them.

His call today told him that they have a private room available but he needs to get on it quick. They will go to the VA emergency by 1300 today to get a TB test. Then he goes immediately to the nursing home.

I have his permission to pass on to you all the name and address of that home. He does and will have his cell phone and his laptop. He is extremely excited about this new phase in his life and is absolutely cheerful about getting over there. It is;

New Haven Care and Rehabilitation Center

1201 Daly Dr.

New Haven, IN 46774

Phone - 260-749-0413

Below is a link that (I hope) will take you to that particular web page if you'd like to check it out.

http://www.sunbridgehealthcare.com/Healthcare_Centers/Indiana/New_Haven.aspx

Luckily for me this home is close to where I work and I plan to continue seeing him every day. I told him that I am again writing updates but history has taught me to pass on only what I've seen and know to be true. I will not forecast or predict any more. Gene has been consistent about surprising the experts....leave alone this novice.

Semper Fi,

Wyoming
10-08-10, 08:50 PM
Semper Fidelis, Mike, for all you do for a Brother!!