PDA

View Full Version : PH criteria met, but not receiving it?

solidknight03
10-08-10, 12:40 PM
Hate to toot my own horn but this is kind of a slap in the face. I'm an 0341 and was in Afghanistant, travelling in an armored truck when an IED exploded underneath it. I was treated at the Wounded Warriors at Bastion and kept there for a month due to a grade III concussion, as well as more minor things such as a broken finger, bruised heel, etc. They even emailed the entire report to my wife, so it's not as if they can say that I wasn't WIA.

Get home, we had the PH ceremonies and I never received one. Ssgt says I'm up for it, but he's a liar at best.

Is there anything I can do? According to the PH criteria, I definitely meet it and have the report to prove it.

chulaivet1966
10-08-10, 04:04 PM
Well....understanding your frustration, calling the SSGT a liar seems a bit presumptuous and maybe not even relative.
In my case the PH was presented to me at the time of the ceremony which was just a small battery formation by an officer in the sand south of Tam Ky.

Point being...maybe it's just typical paperwork trail screw ups as is meanders through the system.

Of course....I dont' know the whole story but thought I'd give you a bump.
Good luck...

spotts
10-08-10, 05:53 PM
So go see your 1st Sergeant and see what he says. Id say you were lucky to walk away with a concussion and a broken finger.

NeverQuit
10-08-10, 06:53 PM
When my unit was in Afghanistan, an insurgent walked up to the berm tossed a grenade in, a Sgt and Lcpl both of which i knew took shrapnal to the legs and they were told they rate PH's but they still don't have them a year later, reports were filed in Afghanistan and after they got back.

chulaivet1966
10-08-10, 07:55 PM
I was hasty with my response as I was at work...ahem.

I meant to emphasize that I was surprised you did not get your PH Award (an oblong black box with gold lettering for me) during the ceremony itself?
As NeverQuit seems to corroborate there appears to be some damn lazy paper work processing for the very ones that deserve some priority.

Hope you get some results....squeaky wheels demand grease.