PDA

View Full Version : Alopecia and the Marines

Blackice
10-06-10, 01:43 AM
Alright I leave for boot camp in less then a month and I have alopecia (hair loss in different spots of your head). My recruiter and boss of the recruit station know and didn't know what to do cause it's not a disqualifying disease so we just ignored it until last week. I keep my head shaved 24/7. Last week one of the recruiters told me I need to grow out my hair cause "their gonna **** my head up when i go to get shaved"( he didn't know I had alopecia). I still have no clue what that means cause how can you shave a bald head? I figure the worst case scenario would be me just getting yelled at and I tell them the truth. I decided to just not shave my head and use Rogaine and see what happens. I haven't looked at my head cause I've been bold since the 4th grade, but after 2 days of letting my hair grow I've noticed I'm hardly missing any hair like I used to be. It's actually like 90 times better then the last time I looked at my head which was when i first had to shave my whole head. So I need advice A.S.A.P please cause I don't know what to do. And do you get time to shave? Like when you get 1 hour off each day?

Blackice
10-06-10, 01:50 AM
Ahh sorry I posted this in the wrong section. I didn't see the "Ask a Marine" section sorry. I posted it in that thread. Sorry for that