PDA

View Full Version : Softees in the Marine Corps

DudefromDiego
10-04-10, 10:29 PM
So let's go back to August of this year. When I was getting processed at MEPS San Diego (live like a mile away from it, thank god :yes:) we all had to line up at the liason office to get our sticker tags, give em our brown folders, all that jazz. peeing in a cup, duckwalking, and eating a "sandwich" later, I find myself outside the liasons office and some of the Marines (don't know if they were recruiters because they weren't the regular guys I had seen before) are conducting ISTs (of sorts). Enter this kid named Joseph. I am told to hold this kids feet so he can do crunches. I obviously didn't protest. But this kid... wish I could say the same. Because when it came to time for him to hold my feet, he was doing a **** poor job doing it. I routinely had to put my rear back on the deck because he was squirmy. So this Marine tells him to "hold him like you got a pair" and this kid says "dude, don't yell at me... not cool".... and this Marine does not like this... not one bit :mad:. He pulls the kid off the deck, rips his nametag off his chest, swings the door open and hauls him over to the Navy office, and told him (I heard this because he screamed it) "when you decide to be a man, you can serve in my Corps, until then stay the **** away". I mean honestly, if this kid can't handle being instructed to do something properly, he probably wouldn't make it past receiving week. Just wanted to share this amusing story.Share your thoughts as well.

Thanks.

RBrouse
10-04-10, 11:42 PM
wow what an idiot

lake9
10-05-10, 12:05 AM
WoW are you kidding me?!

DudefromDiego
10-05-10, 12:51 AM
I genuinely wish I was.

ScarSniper
10-05-10, 06:20 AM
So let's go back to August of this year. When I was getting processed at MEPS San Diego (live like a mile away from it, thank god :yes:) we all had to line up at the liason office to get our sticker tags, give em our brown folders, all that jazz. peeing in a cup, duckwalking, and eating a "sandwich" later, I find myself outside the liasons office and some of the Marines (don't know if they were recruiters because they weren't the regular guys I had seen before) are conducting ISTs (of sorts). Enter this kid named Joseph. I am told to hold this kids feet so he can do crunches. I obviously didn't protest. But this kid... wish I could say the same. Because when it came to time for him to hold my feet, he was doing a **** poor job doing it. I routinely had to put my rear back on the deck because he was squirmy. So this Marine tells him to "hold him like you got a pair" and this kid says "dude, don't yell at me... not cool".... and this Marine does not like this... not one bit :mad:. He pulls the kid off the deck, rips his nametag off his chest, swings the door open and hauls him over to the Navy office, and told him (I heard this because he screamed it) "when you decide to be a man, you can serve in my Corps, until then stay the **** away". I mean honestly, if this kid can't handle being instructed to do something properly, he probably wouldn't make it past receiving week. Just wanted to share this amusing story.Share your thoughts as well.

Thanks.

Man, if MEPS allowed cameras and you could have recorded that, that literally would be the most motivating thing I've ever seen. Did the kid ever come back on over to the Men's Department?

But seriously, that sounds out-****!ng-standing.

Aintamarineyet
10-05-10, 06:30 AM
I just love the fact he sent him to the Navy Office.

Steve018
10-05-10, 08:16 AM
Wow, I love how he threw in a "not cool." at the end lol.

wilsontc11
10-05-10, 08:48 AM
HAHAHA wow... I can just imagine some kid saying that to some buff war hardened Marine. and the Marine dragging him over to the Navy office... that would have been priceless to see, though I wouldnt dare start laughing lol.

younger223
10-05-10, 01:28 PM
Holy crap. What a retard. I thought it was natural to know better than to talk to a Marine like that.

ScarSniper
10-05-10, 01:45 PM
Holy crap. What a retard. I thought it was natural to know better than to talk to a Marine like that.

Are you kidding me? Screaming at him? "Not cool." haha. Who cares if you've earned a CIB and CAR and have been through hell? You want me to hold his legs, you speak to me in a gentle caress. Sooth me, I'm sensitive you know and I'll - Hey, hey! get your hands off of - oowwww!! Not Cool! Navy, Navy! I'm in doubt!!

Aitrus
10-05-10, 02:50 PM
Hey, stop giving the kid such a hard time. Because after all, I don't know about you guys, but they promised me a rose garden...

RBrouse
10-05-10, 02:52 PM
:thumbup:
Hey, stop giving the kid such a hard time. Because after all, I don't know about you guys, but they promised me a rose garden...
lol

PARKER93
10-05-10, 03:05 PM
That's awesome

DudefromDiego
10-05-10, 06:30 PM
Man, if MEPS allowed cameras and you could have recorded that, that literally would be the most motivating thing I've ever seen. Did the kid ever come back on over to the Men's Department?

But seriously, that sounds out-****!ng-standing.

I wish I could tell you. That was the last day I was at MEPS. Chances are he went to the Navy. Didn't like a guy yelling at him. At least he can pull a stress card in the Navy so that way the (whatever they call them) instructors don't hurt his feelings. Good riddance. I'm not even a Marine yet, but I would hate to have some turd like him having my back. If he did go to the Navy, at least I know (as a Poolee) I am tougher than somebody. :yes:

Steve018
10-05-10, 08:43 PM
Didn't like a guy yelling at him. At least he can pull a stress card in the Navy so that way the (whatever they call them) instructors don't hurt his feelings. :yes:

A stress card lol? U just whip it out like a soccer referee pullin out a yellow card? Tell me you are kidding.

DudefromDiego
10-05-10, 09:28 PM
A stress card lol? U just whip it out like a soccer referee pullin out a yellow card? Tell me you are kidding.

Stress cards are an urban legend. I have seen various threads on this sire that both deny/confirm their existence. Rumored to exist in the Navy and Army. I guess it is like a get out of jail free card. You may want to find out for yourself. But considering the Army doesn't require you to do pullups and they give you internet access at Boot, I wouldn't doubt the possibility of these things. Pulling a stress card in the USMC is a sure fire way to have a D.I drop you like a bad habit. :evilgrin:

PooleeBogenrief
10-05-10, 10:13 PM

I wish he was

DudefromDiego
10-05-10, 11:38 PM
I wish he was

Wish he was? So they do exist! Here's to joining the Men's Department.:beer: Even if ya flunk out of Recruit Training, at least you didn't settle for the branch that let's you take a time out. But the internet thing is a fact. I have a buddy who is in Army training in Missouri, and he just updated his facebook this morning. Now that the stress card has been acknowledged, I wouldn't be surprised if the Navy started using Wii sports to train their recruits.. oh wait... nevermind.

P.S Went on a run through Balboa Park and saw some Navy ROTC guys doing "PT"... to say they were powerwalking would be too generous.:no:

Aitrus
10-06-10, 12:06 AM
http://www.snopes.com/military/stress.asp

Huge common myth, that you'll hear being passed around at any Pool Function, that Poolees love because it makes the other services look like a joke and we can puff our chests out and call ourselves bad donkey.

A thing to remember about all the other services Basic Trainings... They're hard. They're certainly no walk in the park. Anyone who tells you otherwise has either never gone through them, or says that just to make themselves sound tough ("I went through Army Basic and it was a breeze, hardly broke a sweat"). Every services Basic Training presents a great mental and physical challenge. What so many motards out there don't get is that that's what makes Marine Boot Camp the challenge it is. If any other basic training was easy, and Marine Boot Camp the only hard one, that would make them "weak" status and us "normal, acceptable" status. On the contrary, every basic training IS very difficult, that's what makes Marines Special. Marine Boot Camp is even HARDER. It's a step above the normal. We are going to be pushed to greater limits than anyone else, we'll go through more pain and misery than anyone, we accomplish the most in our 13 weeks. That's what makes the United States Marine Corps the elite service of the US Military.

Sorry for the semi rant, it's just something that bugs me. People don't realize that by degrading every other service, all they're really doing is actually making the quality of the Marines look LOWER than it actually is. The other services are good, the Marines are even BETTER.

Hope I made some sense there without sounding too much of a motard myself.

On another note, that Marine Liason is awesome. :thumbup: Would love to see that kids face if he ever reaches Black Friday.

-Poolee Pike

Steve018
10-06-10, 07:47 AM

Huge common myth, that you'll hear being passed around at any Pool Function, that Poolees love because it makes the other services look like a joke and we can puff our chests out and call ourselves bad donkey.

A thing to remember about all the other services Basic Trainings... They're hard. They're certainly no walk in the park. Anyone who tells you otherwise has either never gone through them, or says that just to make themselves sound tough ("I went through Army Basic and it was a breeze, hardly broke a sweat"). Every services Basic Training presents a great mental and physical challenge. What so many motards out there don't get is that that's what makes Marine Boot Camp the challenge it is. If any other basic training was easy, and Marine Boot Camp the only hard one, that would make them "weak" status and us "normal, acceptable" status. On the contrary, every basic training IS very difficult, that's what makes Marines Special. Marine Boot Camp is even HARDER. It's a step above the normal. We are going to be pushed to greater limits than anyone else, we'll go through more pain and misery than anyone, we accomplish the most in our 13 weeks. That's what makes the United States Marine Corps the elite service of the US Military.

Sorry for the semi rant, it's just something that bugs me. People don't realize that by degrading every other service, all they're really doing is actually making the quality of the Marines look LOWER than it actually is. The other services are good, the Marines are even BETTER.

On another note, that Marine Liason is awesome. :thumbup: Would love to see that kids face if he ever reaches Black Friday.

-Poolee Pike

Well said, makes me think twice next time about telling friends what the other branches boot camps are like

Gale
10-06-10, 08:03 AM
Although this is sad that people like that want to be in the Corps. Look on the bright side. Can you even contemplate how funny it would be to have him in your platoon at boot camp? Aside from getting IT'd for his mistakes, it would be hilarious to see him interact with a drill instructor.

lake9
10-06-10, 01:51 PM
Although this is sad that people like that want to be in the Corps. Look on the bright side. Can you even contemplate how funny it would be to have him in your platoon at boot camp? Aside from getting IT'd for his mistakes, it would be hilarious to see him interact with a drill instructor.

Would be funny, But the Drill instructors would make us pay for his ****.

DudefromDiego
10-06-10, 05:37 PM

-Poolee Pike

Thanks for clearing that up. While the idea of the "stress card" is amusing, it has always been one I took with a grain of salt. The idea has merit, but I guess now we can all put the matter to rest. :yes:

LaForestLK
10-06-10, 05:59 PM
WOW. . .What a disrespectful child. . .Someone's parents didn't enforce discipline and obedience. . .

younger223
10-07-10, 08:41 AM
A friend of mine is a Marine told me that they had stress cards but that it took a lot for anyone to even think about pulling it because the Drill Instructors would just IT the sh!t out of you after they left you alone.

younger223
10-07-10, 08:42 AM
That is a Marine*

jc8791
10-07-10, 02:59 PM

Couldn't of said that any better. :thumbup: That was always one thing that bugged me. But back on subject, I can't believe that someone would really say that to the Marine. Not going to lie that dumb f*** had some damn balls, but he is a dumb f*** for that. I wonder if he ever came back to process for the USMC or if he just stuck with the Navy.

sparkie
10-07-10, 03:12 PM
Don't trust everything you read. A Marine going to another branch will not have to do their basic. Not so the other way. There is a reason for that. Most likely, the Marine couldn't put up with all that comedy.........Think about it.

the802
10-07-10, 03:18 PM
I think you left out the part where the Marine beat some respect into him.

DudefromDiego
10-07-10, 11:52 PM
Couldn't of said that any better. :thumbup: That was always one thing that bugged me. But back on subject, I can't believe that someone would really say that to the Marine. Not going to lie that dumb f*** had some damn balls, but he is a dumb f*** for that. I wonder if he ever came back to process for the USMC or if he just stuck with the Navy.

The world will never know :confused:. I think he hauled him to the Navy office just to call him out for being a little wimp who couldn't stand getting his feelings hurt. We'll never know if he actually went to the Navy, but I think that Marine probably scared him from the USMC for good.:yes:

DudefromDiego
10-07-10, 11:56 PM
Would be funny, But the Drill instructors would make us pay for his ****.

Yeah, a blanket party would be in his imminent future.

BIGdreams
10-08-10, 12:18 AM
LOL this is so hilarious!!! A lot of funny stuff happens at meps. in my case, and i really dont mean to sound like a dick, but there was this really ugly kid. like he didn't really have anything wrong with him but he just got what was left over after god finished giving out faces. Now just to clarify I dont think im the greatest looking guy, I pretty average looking as a matter-of-fact maybe less. either way the kid was ugly, so this corporal(USMC) kept making fun of him and we were all having a ball at the ugly kids expense, and then he ends up spilling his pee and that same corporal happened to be the same guy who was supervising our **** test. He had to leave the bathroom cause he was laughing so hard!

shadox
10-08-10, 02:28 PM
A thing happened like this back in April when I went up to MEPS, some gangster-wannabe thought it was gay to urinate in front of the Lab Worker and with all of us next to eachother.

Needless to say, he ****ed in the cup.

JP702
10-14-10, 03:38 AM
Wow, is that kid serious? It reminds me of my friend in Air Force basic. His girlfriend told me he hates how the Air Force "Instructors" yell at him. It's the damn military AND the Marine Corps, what do you expect?

younger223
10-14-10, 10:05 AM
I didn't even think they yelled at you a lot in the Air Force lol.

Nerd
10-14-10, 07:48 PM
I copied this and put it on facebook so my recruiter and fellow poolees can see it haha. that's rich!

DudefromDiego
10-19-10, 08:56 PM
I copied this and put it on facebook so my recruiter and fellow poolees can see it haha. that's rich!

Yeah, it was the highlight of my miserable day at MEPS. Don't even get me started on the kids who fell asleep at MEPS... if they didn't believe in God before that, they certainly did after.:no: