PDA

View Full Version : The Last Resort... Requesting Mast

GearheadJLM
09-30-10, 04:34 PM
Good Evening,

I wanted to get some advice on a sensitive topic. For simplicity I am going to not tell you the situation, and we'll all assume that it is a legit situation.

So, after making several attempts to get some problems corrected, I decided to request mast to my Regiment CO. I felt comfortable talking to the battalion CO, and figured they could handle the situation, so I discussed it with them. When they opened my sealed envelope and they reviewed it the reply was "I don't have time to sit and discuss this and take notes, I need you to write everything down and try again." I was shocked. She blew me off.

The topic was extremely legit (I had a mentor with 30+ years of service review and make sure I did everything right)

I also did everything the orders MCO and Base Order required.

So, please assume that it was legit...

Just want opinions on the response the individual gave me.

Thanks.

S/F

Supersquishy
09-30-10, 04:55 PM
Simple: Write everything down and try again.

Underdawg
09-30-10, 05:08 PM
Simple: Write everything down and try again.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/2985790724_30c397a42e.jpg

usmc3521
09-30-10, 05:22 PM
seriously? what do you want us to say? With the little bit you wrote which has very little details, the only thing we can say is write it down and try again

devilbones
09-30-10, 06:57 PM
Good Evening,

I wanted to get some advice on a sensitive topic. For simplicity I am going to not tell you the situation, and we'll all assume that it is a legit situation.

So, after making several attempts to get some problems corrected, I decided to request mast to my Regiment CO. I felt comfortable talking to the battalion CO, and figured they could handle the situation, so I discussed it with them. When they opened my sealed envelope and they reviewed it the reply was "I don't have time to sit and discuss this and take notes, I need you to write everything down and try again." I was shocked. She blew me off.

The topic was extremely legit (I had a mentor with 30+ years of service review and make sure I did everything right)

I also did everything the orders MCO and Base Order required.

So, please assume that it was legit...

Just want opinions on the response the individual gave me.

Thanks.

S/F
Theres your problem.

Garyius
09-30-10, 07:04 PM
File it again, as an article 138. Let her explain to the Navy Secretary's assistant why taking notes is hard.

Phantom Blooper
09-30-10, 07:15 PM
She blew me off.

Is she trying to screw you also?

Rewrite and re summit it like you were giving a dissertation to Elmer Fudd.

You wascally wabbit!

Simple and to the point!:evilgrin:

Quinbo
09-30-10, 07:36 PM
Unless request mast has changed dramatically:

It is a formal request and must be acted on.
It is many tiered and has to be ran through your chain of command. You can tell each level what it is all about or you can tell them you prefer to talk about it to the person your requested. At any time if you feel it has been resolved then the process ends there.
You can request any level and continue to run with it all the way to the assistant commandant.
There are compounding time constraints for each level to act upon your request mast.
At the end of request mast you must make a written statement as to your degree of satifaction with the results. If your written statement is that you are satified then that is that. If you did not get resolution to your problem then you can continue up the chain with it.

Were you satified with the results and did you make a written statement to that regard?

Hopefully this stuff was taught to you in boot camp and beyond.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

All that said ... if you are requesting mast because there is no chunky peanut butter in the chow hall and one of the dryers in the barracks is malfunctioning and liberty isn't sounded until 1700 and the px ran out of copenhagen and and and and and then yea.... taking a book of complaints into the old mans office might be an unwelcome thing to do.

spotts
09-30-10, 07:43 PM
Write it down in a detailed format and send it to her. Doesnt seem that complicated to me.

Wyoming
09-30-10, 07:50 PM
No offense to the 'she', but have your ducks in a row, and paperwork even better.

Listen to these guys. The Mighty O'Quinn is giving good advice.

Just don't let 'her', drag you down.

Marine84
09-30-10, 08:50 PM
Could be what you're requesting mast for is just so freakin' stupid that each tier you go to is going to see how long it will take you to STFU!

I'm just saying.............

GearheadJLM
09-30-10, 09:28 PM
File it again, as an article 138. Let her explain to the Navy Secretary's assistant why taking notes is hard.

This was the point I was trying to bring up. So, thank you.

It is many tiered and has to be ran through your chain of command. You can tell each level what it is all about or you can tell them you prefer to talk about it to the person your requested. At any time if you feel it has been resolved then the process ends there.
You can request any level and continue to run with it all the way to the assistant commandant.
There are compounding time constraints for each level to act upon your request mast.
At the end of request mast you must make a written statement as to your degree of satifaction with the results. If your written statement is that you are satified then that is that. If you did not get resolution to your problem then you can continue up the chain with it.

Were you satified with the results and did you make a written statement to that regard?

All that said ... if you are requesting mast because there is no chunky peanut butter in the chow hall and one of the dryers in the barracks is malfunctioning and liberty isn't sounded until 1700 and the px ran out of copenhagen and and and and and then yea.... taking a book of complaints into the old mans office might be an unwelcome thing to do.

Well, I assure you that it is not a book of complaints. I have discussed everything with a retired Marine Gunner with 30+ years of service, he has also assisted with the NAVMC 11269. Everything was submitted appropriately and to the orders. I am continuing it up the chain of command. Myself and my mentor were shocked by the comment. This is what I am wanting to discuss.

Could be what you're requesting mast for is just so freakin' stupid that each tier you go to is going to see how long it will take you to STFU!

I'm just saying.............

I am pretty sure I had a reason why I said twice let's assume that it is a legit reason.....I'm just saying

Marine84
09-30-10, 10:32 PM
Sorry babe - I never assume anything. There is always 2 sides to every story. There HAS to be a reason why you got the attitude that you have gotten.

Could be you're being tested.

MarinesFTW
10-01-10, 12:11 PM

In boot we talked about request mast for like 3 minutes if that, our Drill Instructor had to clear up ALOT of the foggy idea's and I still didn't know half of the stuff that you said. It seems like there teaching alot less in Boot then they really should. Or mabe I just like to know whats going the F on and feel like they didn't teach us jack.