PDA

View Full Version : Marines were suppose to get Afghanistan.

eboydell
09-30-10, 03:03 PM
About 3 months ago, I understood that Afghanistan was to be treated like the Pacific in WWII. The Marines would do the fighting (as usual), then the Army would be given guard duty.
I don't trust the network news, but all I have seen are file film of the 101st getting shot up, and gaining little ground.
Did "Puff, the Majic Negro, change that plan when he changed Army Generals?:flag:

yanacek
09-30-10, 03:08 PM
About 3 months ago, I understood that Afghanistan was to be treated like the Pacific in WWII. The Marines would do the fighting (as usual), then the Army would be given guard duty.
I don't trust the network news, but all I have seen are file film of the 101st getting shot up, and gaining little ground.

Treated like the Pacific during WW-II? You've got to be kidding. The media and politicians would never allow that.

eboydell
09-30-10, 03:12 PM
Treated like the Pacific during WW-II? You've got to be kidding. The media and politicians would never allow that.
What they don't know will not hurt them!

usmc3521
09-30-10, 03:39 PM
lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!

yanacek
09-30-10, 03:59 PM
What they don't know will not hurt them!

Therein lies the problem. The politicians and public want Marines to fight wars like it's a game.

eboydell
09-30-10, 04:08 PM
Therein lies the problem. The politicians and public want Marines to fight wars like it's a game.
Well, like my Grandma used to say: "You don't always get what you want."

I am sick of this bull about "good" civilians. We have all heard that crock. They all hate our guts, and want us dead. From birth, they were taught what evil devils we are. So why disappoint them?

hbharrison
09-30-10, 04:11 PM
I hate to say it but Askakastan is starting to sound like another place not to long ago we fight they give orders we dye they give more orders yet they are not military??

yanacek
09-30-10, 04:24 PM
I am sick of this bull about "good" civilians. We have all heard that crock. They all hate our guts, and want us dead. From birth, they were taught what evil devils we are. So why disappoint them?

That is the problem with engaging in war with insurgents. I'm sure there are many good people in Afghanistan.

eboydell
09-30-10, 04:25 PM
I'm not speaking for anyone except myself. After 9/11, I could easily see where Iraq was playing games. I really did not care about "WMD". I wanted blood. So we caught the bastard and "they" hung him. Great!

Now we have Afghanistan, who we armed in the '80s to get even with Russia for arming our little yellow friends in Vietnam. The CIA teaches them how to make "IED"s and a thousand other tricks. After ten years, the Russians leave. Do we move in, and fill that vaccum? Hell no! We walk away from that country and allow the rags to take over.

So, here's my question. What are we doing there? Bin Laden is living in Beverly Hills, sipping tea. Face it...the monkeys are running the zoo.

yanacek
09-30-10, 04:26 PM
I'm not speaking for anyone except myself. After 9/11, I could easily see where Iraq was playing games. I really did not care about "WMD". I wanted blood. So we caught the bastard and "they" hung him. Great!

Now we have Afghanistan, who we armed in the '80s to get even with Russia for arming our little yellow friends in Vietnam. The CIA teaches them how to make "IED"s and a thousand other tricks. After ten years, the Russians leave. Do we move in, and fill that vaccum? Hell no! We walk away from that country and allow the rags to take over.

So, here's my question. What are we doing there? Bin Laden is living in Beverly Hills, sipping tea. Face it...the monkeys are running the zoo.

It's politics. Far beyond my pay grade.

eboydell
09-30-10, 04:35 PM
I know! I just get frustrated with the foolish moves we make.

eboydell
09-30-10, 04:38 PM
I am going to have a drink and shot the bull with my little brother.

See you Friday! Semper Fi, Mac!

usmc3521
09-30-10, 05:26 PM
we have 2 options for asscanistan

1.)wipe everyone out, kill them all. Kill the children too because they are going to grow up and hate us to. No im not kidding either
2.)pull 100% out and let it be, there will never be taco bell's and walmarts there, we have nothing to gain. That population has been knuckle draggers since the creation of man, why in the hell do we think that will change

CH53MetalMan
09-30-10, 06:11 PM

I don't understand what you're trying to say here?

You wanted 'blood' ..... but what was the connection between 9/11 and Saddam?

Now that we've embedded ourselves in Iraq we can't get out. Great?

CH53MetalMan
09-30-10, 06:19 PM

1.)wipe everyone out, kill them all. Kill the children too because they are going to grow up and hate us to. No im not kidding either
2.)pull 100% out and let it be, there will never be taco bell's and walmarts there, we have nothing to gain. That population has been knuckle draggers since the creation of man, why in the hell do we think that will change

And how would it benefit you if there were Wallmarts & Taco Bell's in Afghanistan?

China would certainly benefit if there were Wallmarts in Afghanistan. I doubt you are a Chicom. Do you own a significant amout of stock in these companies?

usmc3521
09-30-10, 06:42 PM
china would bankrupt the U.S if the decided to "cash in" on us.

Thats not my concern, my point is the 2 ways in my opinion to change the region or get the war over with. Wipe it out and start fresh or pull out and let them be.

Old Marine
09-30-10, 07:19 PM
Do you mean to tell me that Bin Laden isn't living in New Orleans. All this time I figured he was holed up there so he wouldn't be recognized during MardiGra.

usmc3521
09-30-10, 07:22 PM
my guess is he is living in dearborn!

CH53MetalMan
09-30-10, 11:15 PM
china would bankrupt the U.S if the decided to "cash in" on us.

Thats not my concern, my point is the 2 ways in my opinion to change the region or get the war over with. Wipe it out and start fresh or pull out and let them be.

When you say "wipe it out" you're showing how immature your thought process actually is. Because you're not talking about military targets, but rather civilian targets.

This is unacceptable.

slug
09-30-10, 11:42 PM
eboy, your profile is so screwed up. 4 yr E-7? MOS's in combat history? 0300? I don't trust a word you say and your attitude in regards to the operations in afghanistan is wrong to say it lightly.

pocatellodave
10-01-10, 10:19 AM
We have two Viet Nams going right now.If there was ever a no win situation,it is taking place right now.We will be fighting there until we finally decide to leave,like Viet Nam.Marines have always fought well wherever they have been sent.There is a reason for that.We are the best the U.S.A. has to offer.We all lost good friends and brothers in WWI,WWII,Korea,VietNam,Iraq,Afghanistan,and the list is very long.Being pushed around like so many chess pieces is what we do,and do well,no matter what the challenge.The politicians don't have a clue,and probably could care less.
The Army doesn't have many active divisions,and the Marine Corps has three that are all pretty busy at this time.The Army is using a lot of Reserve,National Guard units,and that isn't good.I don't think any of us are happy with the way things are going over seas,but unfortunately it's going to continue for a while.
Semper Fi

doesitmatter
10-04-10, 08:24 AM

for someone who has never been to war you sure have alot of opinions. you just made yourself sound like the biggest ****tard i have ever met. maybe you should just stick to what you know like riding little dirt bikes before you start killing children you sick ****.