By United States Marines.

Author: Unknown

Wyoming
09-28-10, 10:43 PM
Wow, thanks.

Catchy tune.

Quinbo
09-28-10, 11:52 PM
I always thought it was called the Marines Hymn?

brecon65
09-29-10, 09:57 AM
I have a 1932 copy of the sheet music for the "Hymn", and the title is "The Marines' Hymn". The important part is the apostrophe which means that it belongs to us - all Marines.

jumpinjack
11-06-10, 06:06 PM
Semper Fi Brothers and Sisters.

Wrench3516
11-06-10, 08:22 PM
:beer:
The "Marines' Hymn" is the oldest official song in the United States Military..

:thumbup::thumbup:

kfisbusy
11-06-10, 10:09 PM
:evilgrin:Aways Loved that last part If the Army and the Navy look on Heaven's scenes; they will find the streets are guarded By United States Marines. AS You All Know The Marines Are Americas 911 So why would Heaven be any diffent. SSGT. Francisco :flag: :iwo:

jerry05031111
06-08-11, 09:37 PM
Wow, thanks.

Catchy tune.

chanel handbags (http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979418712)

chanel handbags (http://www.ourmedia.org/channels/how-buy-chanel-handbags)

chanel handbags (http://chanelhandbag.ohlog.com/make-a-woman-love-chanel-handbags.oh207528.html)

MOS 3534
07-21-11, 08:29 PM
Throughout the course of written time, When writing instruments had been applied to paper/parchment/writing on (rock)walls. Many a great words have been put together,
The Marine's Hymn is among those great writings!

aggiedude
08-13-11, 03:39 AM
Hey coy, thanx a million for posting that...I don't get on here much and actually kinda forgot the last 2 verses..Now I got 'em printed and will put 'em in my pocket...
Semper Fi and God bless our troops and our country !!!

Tennessee Top
08-13-11, 06:09 AM
One of the first songs they taught us way back in elementary school on those little plastic flutes. Loved it ever since!

aggiedude
08-13-11, 06:27 AM
Woulda loved seeing ya and hearing you play it in front of the troops as an E8...ha ha

doc h fmf
08-13-11, 10:11 PM
:evilgrin:Aways Loved that last part If the Army and the Navy look on Heaven's scenes; they will find the streets are guarded By United States Marines. AS You All Know The Marines Are Americas 911 So why would Heaven be any diffent. SSGT. Francisco :flag: :iwo:
THE STREETS ARE GAURDED BY THE US MARINES WITH THE DEVIL DOCS AT THEIR SIDE OOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
SEMPER FI

stephen doc hansen hm3 FMF

raymond w mason
09-04-11, 01:24 AM
Thats a given doc, thank you and your fellow corpsmen for their unfailing help and brotherhood.

Bruce59
09-04-11, 06:51 AM
Always remember it's not a song, it's a hymn. And the toughest
Marines will shead a tear when played. S/F

Ray Merrell
09-05-11, 04:08 AM
Thanks for the post cokykiesaol, I pass out a copy
of The Marine Hymn to everyone
at our Marine Birthday party every year.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Carpshooter
09-05-11, 08:14 AM
Use to sing this when I was a youngster back in elementary school along with the Army and Navy's in public school !

Was later forced to sing it while at boot camp as a young man .:evilgrin:

It's funny that as a young man enterring those early years of the later part of my life , I remember those times so long ago and now sing it to myself !

Am glad to have the correct words now ! :sick:

Thanks for this thread , 2568387 USMC ( Carpshooter ) :D

Mongoose
09-05-11, 10:13 AM
I'll never forget, at ITR in 68, while humping those God forsaken hills. In the dark, pouring down rain, we would sing the Marine Corps Hymn. It kind of made you feel immortal.

HST
09-05-11, 12:01 PM
I like the "you will find their wifes are sleeping with United States Marines" version better.

lastcigar
10-20-11, 03:58 PM
I don't remember who said it first but have you noticed our anthem is the only service song that talks about fighting, The Navy plays with anchors, the air farce with the wild blue yonder and the army with their cassions. Only ours is about what we are about---fighting. Love it.

TwoBravo
10-20-11, 05:15 PM
I also have a newspaper copy dated 11/8/1942. It states, The Marine's Hymn and was copyrighted in 1929 by the U.S. Marine Corps.

Semper Fi

ecfree
10-20-11, 08:03 PM
I'll never forget, at ITR in 68, while humping those God forsaken hills. In the dark, pouring down rain, we would sing the Marine Corps Hymn. It kind of made you feel immortal.
I remember singing the Hymn while on a force march to and from Elliot's Beach at PI in '61.:usmc:
SEMPER FI :iwo:.....................Ed

doc h fmf
10-20-11, 09:18 PM
I don't remember who said it first but have you noticed our anthem is the only service song that talks about fighting, The Navy plays with anchors, the air farce with the wild blue yonder and the army with their cassions. Only ours is about what we are about---fighting. Love it.

MEL I LOVE IT TOO. when i went to field medical service school, DURING COLORS THEY PLAYED THE NATIONAL ANTHEM,ANCHORS AWEIGH AND THE MARINE CORPS HYMN. THAT WAS MOTIVATING.
SEMPER FI MY BROTHER:flag::iwo:

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

semperfiman
10-21-11, 12:21 AM
you guys arent biased are you? Semper Fi

lastcigar
10-21-11, 06:08 PM
No way. Also my kids are the smartest, best looking, kids in the world