PDA

View Full Version : CK contract

Eodre23
09-28-10, 07:39 PM
Just signed a CK Arty contract, I know that 0861 falls under this just curious if this is the same as a normal 08xx contract, forget the letters assigned to that or if it is different. all the contract said was 08 feild arty. but i know theres another contract that says the same thing. the name of the CK was forward control/fire direction, does this mean that normal cannoneer mos and such are not included?
any info much appreciated, thanks in advance

ADRobold
09-28-10, 10:26 PM
As far as i know, the only MOS's under the CK contract are
0842-Field Artillery Radar Operator
0844-Field Artillery Fire Control Man
0847-Artillery Meteorological Man
0861-Fire Support Man

Rough Hands
09-29-10, 08:15 PM
As far as i know, the only MOS's under the CK contract are
0842-Field Artillery Radar Operator
0844-Field Artillery Fire Control Man
0847-Artillery Meteorological Man
0861-Fire Support Man

Can I ask where you got this info? I'm trying to look up which MOSs are in a specific contract, but I don't have time to go out to the recruiting office right now...

ADRobold
09-29-10, 10:56 PM
The information on all of the offered contracts, including specific MOS's within the contract and requirments, are kept in an up to date file in the recruiters office.

younger223
10-01-10, 08:11 AM
Idk if it cannoneer is on your contract for sure or not, but it is on my CE(Combat Support) contract.

RBrouse
10-01-10, 02:29 PM
I had a CE contract befor i got my infantry one and cannoneer was one of the choices

younger223
10-01-10, 02:33 PM
I wish I coulda got an infantry contract. One of the recruiters said we can't switch after we get our contract, which I am pretty sure isn't the truth.

wilsontc11
10-01-10, 02:45 PM
yeah, ive seen alot of people switch. The only time its "too late" i believe is after you ship out

RBrouse
10-01-10, 02:55 PM
I wish I coulda got an infantry contract. One of the recruiters said we can't switch after we get our contract, which I am pretty sure isn't the truth.
ya thats not true what i said is I am not going to ship without an infantry contract, which was a bluff I was good with going combat support, and i had an infantry contract 4 days later.

ADRobold
10-01-10, 06:44 PM
By the way Eodre, you might want to look into the $6,000 bonus for the CK contract with your recruiter..thats a nice chunk of change when your only making about $19,500 a year as a PFC.

Although i completely understand how little the money is important when you have your mind set on something... I wanted Combat Support and they offered me Electronics Maintenance with a $15,000 bonus..needless to say that took a second to think over, haha.

In the end i stuck with it and got my Combat Support contract though, and i'm happy as could be.

Rough Hands
10-01-10, 09:27 PM
The information on all of the offered contracts, including specific MOS's within the contract and requirments, are kept in an up to date file in the recruiters office.

Well, as I stated, I couldn't make it out to the office at that time, but I have seen the file and I know where it's kept. Thanks for sending me the link to the PDF though, I really appreciate it.

ya thats not true what i said is I am not going to ship without an infantry contract, which was a bluff I was good with going combat support, and i had an infantry contract 4 days later.

I stood my ground when it came to the contracts that I wanted. I was slated to leave with a BA contract (Aviation Electronics Technician) but I told them I wasn't going to ship without an AG (Enlisted Aircrew), CM (Combat Engineer), or UT (Military Police) contract. Now, here I am, 11 days before I ship, with my CM contract. It wouldn't have happened unless I hadn't gone in every single day and bugged Gunny about it. lol

Eodre23
10-02-10, 09:34 AM
wow i will have to see if hes forgetting to tell me theres a 6grand bonus on the contract. it would be nice, thanks for the info

EddieGiratas
10-02-13, 07:04 PM
I just got sworn in and contracted yesterday. Upon arriving back to my recruiter's office, he had supplied me with a list of all of the jobs that I qualify for, which is all of them. I am having difficulties finding information about the listings. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them.

Alder
10-09-13, 09:35 AM
I just got sworn in and contracted yesterday. Upon arriving back to my recruiter's office, he had supplied me with a list of all of the jobs that I qualify for, which is all of them. I am having difficulties finding information about the listings. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them.

The MOS listings for fy14 aren't available online yet, but the list from 2013 is still up. This years list should be similar, if not exactly the same as the last one. I don't think we are allowed to post links here, but just google "MCO 1130.53R" and it should come up. Also, there is a sticky in the Ask a Marine section with a link to the About . com website with detailed descriptions of each MOS.