PDA

View Full Version : New Marine, stopping in to say hello and ask a question

SemperFiParent
09-28-10, 07:41 AM
Hello to everyone!
PFC Andrews here.
My Dad, who writes about me at http://rightwingwizkid.blogspot.com/ has shown me all of the great things many of you have written as a show of support, and I want to thank all of you.
It has been quite an adventure.
Now I am about to move onto the next phase, and I need some advice.
In a few days I will be flying to Camp Geiger, and I am hoping someone here can give me some advice so that the airline doesn't damage the boxes with my covers, my garment bag, etc.
Flying with this much gear looks like it could be quite a challenge.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks again, once I get through MCT I will try to check in once in a while, in the meantime I'm sure my father will jeep all of you up to speed.
Semper Fi!

advanced
09-29-10, 06:10 AM
Boxes with my covers, garment bag, etc., we used to travel where everything we owned fit into our seabag or we didn't take it. And our seabags were thrown around by everyone that handled them. Your covers come apart you know.

By the way, congratulations Marine!

viper1833
09-29-10, 07:01 AM
I was gonna say, seabag your trash, trust me everything you will need in MCT you can fit in your Seabag. Don't worry if your stuff gets wrinkled thats what an iron, and dry cleaners are for. You won't be wearing chucks in MCT, you won't have time. Putting stuff in multiple boxes is asking for trouble Marine. You don't want to be the PFC at MCT missing half his uniforms. Seabag it thats an order. :D

josephd
09-29-10, 05:42 PM
Like the others have said, put it all in your seabag and your issued garment bag. Anything like your white barracks cover and such you don't want getting messed up put it in whatever small carry on you take

hbharrison
09-29-10, 05:48 PM
Seabag best thing for all your gear. Shoes,boots on the bottum uniforms in the middle covers on top. Don't want to show up not having your gear.

And before I forget, CONGRATS MARINE !!!!

Zulu 36
09-29-10, 05:56 PM
Yeah, congrats! Now open up your own membership :flag:

Backhaus 1103
09-29-10, 08:35 PM
You can pretty much trash all your covers but the garrison one and buy one of the vinyl dress blue ones if you want, I've never worn it. The only cover your going to use that isn't an 8 point is your garrison cover. I would keep them, just don't bring it.

You don't really need any of that stuff for SOI. Pretty much just cammies, boots and skivvies. Bring what you want though.

usmc3521
09-29-10, 08:48 PM
dont forget your ipd and laptop!

PS try and invest in some leather condoms. If you start hittin that "strange" while you are a Geiger Tiger you might end up with polio or ebola. Your gonna need some tough condoms to prevent that!