PDA

View Full Version : Who was in the Corps When 9/11 Happened

viper1833
09-26-10, 06:29 PM
I was curious about something today, and was wondering about it. How many of us Marines where in the Corps Active Duty, or Reserves when 9/11 happened. Where were u stationed, what where u doing kinda thing.

I remember where I was, I was in Boot Camp up North at Edson Range on Qual Week when your DI's rounded us up. Then our Senior told us what happened and marched us back to the Barracks. We sat in the Barracks the rest of the day. Def will say 9/11 changed my life, and how I served in the Corps.

Komenko
09-27-10, 01:06 AM
I was stationed at MCRDPI making pistol targets for Navy pistol qual.

Supersquishy
09-27-10, 04:23 AM
I was on Terminal leave, then I got my call...

Sgt Leprechaun
09-28-10, 12:01 AM
I was AT the Pentagon on 9/11. Active duty.

Kegler300
09-28-10, 04:27 AM
Cherry Point here...

hrscowboy
09-28-10, 05:44 AM
Was sittin at the bar at the legion when all that happened.. turned around and said could be worse drinks are on me... then i was told it was intentional and it pizzed me off..

oldtop
09-28-10, 08:27 AM
Hq, 4th MAW on 9/11

hussaf
09-28-10, 11:01 AM
Bootcamp, practicing for final drill and got pulled into the house to watch the news.

The DUKE
09-28-10, 11:12 AM
Non active at this point in time, just got home from work, flipped on the telly, thought I was watching some kind of action flick,
bout dropped to the floor when my brain realized what I was watching was happening at that moment,
wow really put he warp on my head to actually see it happening on our soil,
in my time, kind of makes you think about what the people must have felt like during a real war on their soil during the actual combat actions.
Its was a whole different feeling than when I was in country after the initial damage and your on duty doing what you've been trained to do for your country,
now all of a sudden it was in "MY" country happening to US.
what a wake up call.

lloyd holland
09-28-10, 11:27 AM
Wasn't in the Corps at the time when it happened, was just taking a break at work, walked into the break room and saw the first building burning and didn't know what was happening, then saw the second strike and knew somebody was going too pay for this. Called my buddy who was in the Corps back in the day to see if he was aware of the situation, he was not. If i was able to i would have went down and joined up right then and there, i was pis-ed off., and still is.

firedog974
09-28-10, 11:36 AM
I was at MCAS Beaufort when it went down. Marine one was the only bird that flew in after it started.

Backhaus 1103
09-28-10, 01:01 PM
I was in my sixth grade math class.
They didn't even tell us anything about it, I just heard rumors on the bus ride home and then saw it for myself on the news and about 3:30 pm.

JAGarland
09-29-10, 09:46 AM
MALS-36 on Okinawa. We were under lock down anyways due to a Typhoon.

1stRad2671
09-29-10, 05:26 PM
I was a few weeks into a deployment to Kuwait. We had to start carrying our gas masks everywhere we went.