PDA

View Full Version : MP/Infantry/food service

lheilig
09-24-10, 05:38 PM
hey!
I'm really looking forward to joining the corps next June. I'm more excited than anything in my life for that. for about two and a half years IU've been thinking about it and i know im gonna do it now.

but im really stuck on an MOS. i think it'd be something really cool to be an MP. I wanna really enjoy myself in my serive but I really wanna work hard.
for those of you who were an MP could you tell me what it was like? what kinda stuff you did and all? I'm really really interested in it.

aaaand for those of you were were infantry. could you tell me about that too? that also really interests me. I've always loved the stories of war and bravery and it really catches my attention.

and finaly food service. what my ULTIMATE goal in my life is, is to be a chef. i legit chef. the military though is going to come first. right after high school. i looked into the navy and it seems there cooks are good and all. but i really really just want the title. Marine. would being in food service for X amount of years give me well experince. i wanna get a degree in culinary management but would that help me a good bit?

I'd really appreciate some good answer. THANKS!

Lisa 23
09-24-10, 05:53 PM
You already posted this topic in the Ask A Marine forum, where it belongs.

usmc3521
09-24-10, 08:34 PM
How the f*ck are you graduating high school with grammer like that? Are you f*cking retarded?

seriously, I can not believe how **** poor stupid the majority of you high school students are!

Backhaus 1103
09-24-10, 08:45 PM
How the f*ck are you graduating high school with grammer like that? Are you f*cking retarded?

seriously, I can not believe how **** poor stupid the majority of you high school students are!

Sh!t, why do you think I joined the Marines and not enlighten my mind in the higher education system of the United States of America? :nerd:

Backhaus 1103
09-24-10, 08:49 PM
For the original question, I'm a grunt and wouldn't change a thing. Yea, some parts of it sucks d!ck and I ask myself why the fu!k did I pick this job when I could be in the ac/heat in a nice office with a chair, bed, tv, xbox, pussie...etc. Then there are other days that I say "I love my damn job".

If I could go back to the DEP, I wouldn't change a thing.

usmc3521
09-24-10, 09:01 PM
Sh!t, why do you think I joined the Marines and not enlighten my mind in the higher education system of the United States of America? :nerd:

I probably shouldnt mention my asvab score lmao but damn, what the hell is the jibberish this kid is spewing out of his soup cooler!

itsy
09-24-10, 09:13 PM
hey!
I'm really looking forward to joining the corps next June. I'm more excited than anything in my life for that. for about two and a half years IU've been thinking about it and i know im gonna do it now.

but im really stuck on an MOS. i think it'd be something really cool to be an MP. I wanna really enjoy myself in my serive but I really wanna work hard.
for those of you who were an MP could you tell me what it was like? what kinda stuff you did and all? I'm really really interested in it.

aaaand for those of you were were infantry. could you tell me about that too? that also really interests me. I've always loved the stories of war and bravery and it really catches my attention.

and finaly food service. what my ULTIMATE goal in my life is, is to be a chef. i legit chef. the military though is going to come first. right after high school. i looked into the navy and it seems there cooks are good and all. but i really really just want the title. Marine. would being in food service for X amount of years give me well experince. i wanna get a degree in culinary management but would that help me a good bit?

I'd really appreciate some good answer. THANKS!

Lol, I'm not a Marine but I can already tell you don't want infantry so I would stop acting like you do, its so lame. And I wouldn't say things like 'I think it would be really cool' Not being a dick just letting you know you're going to get trolled on these forums talking like that.

3043pog
09-25-10, 09:27 PM
What???????????????

FistFu68
09-25-10, 10:13 PM
:evilgrin: If I were too I go into the CORPS 2day I'd become a Cook -AKA.Mess Or a USMC Parachute Rigger in tha Para Loft...Cause believe Me If You pizzed Me off I'd Fuc your day Up With all due Respect :D :thumbup:

Ramadi01
09-27-10, 03:47 PM
MP= There are two sides to being an MP.

Garrison MP (PMO)- you will spend your first couple years standing at a gate waiving traffic thru, not paying any attention to what is going on because your a boot ass mother fkr and dont think anything will ever happen on a military installation. From 0500-0800 you will waive every single vehicle thru the gate and not pay any attention what so ever. . so if this becomes you or if this is someone else on this forum, let me thank you for your tactical patience. Then someday you will get to ride in a vehicle and give out tickets like its cool because thats what makes you feel superior to people who actually win wars.

Field MP- this day in the war you dont actually do anything MP related. WE attatched to every grunt BN on the east coast and you are treated pretty much like ****. You get 8 hou posts when the 1st Sgt said we will split it into 2 hours. You get stuck trying to talk to the poshto terp and everyone laugghs at you because they all like boys and are overly friendly and appearntly he watches you shower while in Marjah. When they do take you on a patrol you are standing infront of the 7-ton with a mine roller on it, waiving a metal detector around with a DM rifle slung on your back screaming to the taliban shoot me..

Oh ya and if you love the site terminal lance and want to spend the first elistment as a e3 cleaning and getting orders from a supply augment Cpl who has no idea what real combat is then MP is the MOS for you.

CalahanD
09-27-10, 05:22 PM
MP...sure if you wanna be a buddy fvcker. can you believe that an MP ass hole gave two guys in my company a no shaving ticket....thats right, a freakin no shaving ticket.
Infantry- you say you like hearing the stories of heroism and blobbidy blaaa....stop watching freakin movies. I am in the infantry and trust me I love it and I love the grunts, they are all one of a kind, but come to the infantry because you want to do the job we do, not because you played call of duty.
Chef....first I ate on Navy ships on no the food is not good and the cooks arent great, they freakin suck. I ate instant mashed potatoes and most of it was still powder. if your ultimate goal is to become a chef than join the corps and be a cook. not an MP not a grunt just do what you want

Jarheadtanker
09-27-10, 05:44 PM
Every MOS has its good and bad points. There will be days when you love it and days when you will hate it. The first year you will be the BOOT and will do as you are told. The MOS you will pick will be in accordance with your ASVAB score, so do well on it and you will have a wider variety from which to choose. I remember seeing the cooks from my unit and they did a very good job most of the time plus I remember them having a lot of free time! I kinda envied that at times. Nobody wanted to **** with them because they were good and we didn't want any nasty surprises in our chow, if you know what I mean!
Pick the right MOS that is right for you, then get to work n shut up. "Nobody promised you a rose garden!"
Carry on!

usmc3521
09-28-10, 06:36 PM
GUUUUUUUUMP!!!!!!, Why did you put the weapon together so quickly?? Cuz you told me to drill sgt!!! Join the Army Kid your drill sgt is calling you