PDA

View Full Version : 4.5/4.5 Marine and they are talking about reducing me...help?

T-Rod
09-24-10, 09:14 AM
Im a Marine with no NJPs,No Page 11s, no patterns of misconduct 4.5/4.5 pro and con marks. I was told I would be put on an SRB to reduce me in rank for being "incompetent" though if you ask any of my Marines they would laugh at that being said about me. Ive been with my new unit for about 8 months. I know my job and whats expected of me, I feel like someone is out to get me. Knowledge is power, so if someone could help me in understanding this or give me the Marine Corp Order that talks about reducing rank I would greatly appreciate it. Also im not pending any legal action. Thanks for your time. Semper Fidelis

tdrt
09-24-10, 09:15 AM
Who told you this? Need more facts about the situation.

NeverQuit
09-24-10, 09:17 AM
When did you puck up? Dumb question but have you done leading Marines? They can reduce you for not having it. Other than that all i know is fight it and find superiors who don't think you are incompetent, previous, current command, and see if they will back you.

T-Rod
09-24-10, 09:22 AM
Company First Sergeant, picked up back in Nov 2008, did Leading Marines.

T-Rod
09-24-10, 09:25 AM
I had a situation where i only had one vehicle, wife works, daughter goes to school. and i had to take them every day. They allowed it because me wife didn't have her license. this went on for about a month, they began to complain because i wasnt at work alot. All this has been taken care of and we both have vehicles now but they are still talking about reducing me.

tdrt
09-24-10, 09:26 AM
Okay. Where is your SNOIC in all this?

I'm not accusing you, but what has led the 1stSgt to this conclusion/opinion?

T-Rod
09-24-10, 09:27 AM
Thats true my previous command has nothing but great things to say.

Old Marine
09-24-10, 09:30 AM
Your two posts are about as clear as muddy water. In laymans words, they both make no sense at all.

T-Rod
09-24-10, 09:31 AM
Well my SNOIC and OIC non recommended my leave because they thought my wife didnt have her license yet and to complain about me not being at work that much. Then 1stSgt was also gonna non rec it and within this whole discussion I got accussed of being incompatent and threatened to be reduced.

tdrt
09-24-10, 09:31 AM
To me, that doesn't sound like incompetence at all. I could see them being a little upset since it took a month to rectify the situation, but they were aware of the problems you were experiencing. By they, I am assuming your SNOIC.

Was the 1stSgt aware of the situation or did he just see you missing work?

Old Marine
09-24-10, 09:35 AM
There is always two sides to every story and we for sure sure are only getting one side of this story.

What did you do? Did you use a motor pool vehicle to take your wife to work? Just a guess, but we do not have the whole story.

First of all the Corps does not reduce its Marines because of nothing.

T-Rod
09-24-10, 09:36 AM
Everyone was aware of the situation... They gave me permission to take care of this, which i know they didnt have to, but then they want to use it against me.

T-Rod
09-24-10, 09:38 AM
I had school starting at 1700 and my wife had appointments to go to, i also had my appts for medical to give me the go ahead for my reenlistment.

T-Rod
09-24-10, 09:40 AM
this was all last month, i got it all taken care of and wont be having any issues with taking time from the Marine Corps. but i still feel that they are trying to find something strong they can use against me.

Old Marine
09-24-10, 10:19 AM
When all else fails, Request Mast is a last alternative. If you have a leg to stand on you can get things ironed out during the Request Mast.

tdrt
09-24-10, 10:36 AM
Have they started the process or just threatening you with it?

Old Marine
09-24-10, 02:30 PM
this was all last month, i got it all taken care of and wont be having any issues with taking time from the Marine Corps. but i still feel that they are trying to find something strong they can use against me.

Ah hah, now we are getting down to the nitty gritty. If this was all last month and has all been taken care of, why did you not start your side of the story with this post??????

Who are they that are trying to find somthing strong they can use against you? Could it be a Phantom Marine?? Maybe Phantom Blooper.

Make sure you have a 10 lb bag to keep your 10 lbs of sh!t in and whomever this phantom Marine is he/she will not have a reason to do anything to you.:evilgrin:

Marine84
09-25-10, 08:41 PM
You missed work? How the hell is THAT possible?

Phantom Blooper
09-25-10, 08:54 PM
Maybe Phantom Blooper

The devil always makes me do it!:devious:

Zulu 36
09-25-10, 09:20 PM
The devil always makes me do it!:devious:

I thought it was Bush's fault?

T-Rod
09-28-10, 10:10 AM
Thanks all for reading and commenting. We'll see what happens.

temarti
09-28-10, 11:40 AM
Just trying to figure this out and play devil's advocate, you had a month, the wife works, was it a morning shift (7-3), daughter goes to school (8-1530), you have a class at 1700. Therefore, were you at the shop from 0900 - 1430 (latest)?

That may be the problem, as a Cpl. were you given a section, if so how was that managed during this time? This may be where the issue is.

Zebra29er
09-28-10, 12:26 PM
Where did the old Corps go ? when I was in you looked out for the man above and below you if the corporal had to slack for personal reasons the lance stepped up and took up the slack if the e-5 had to slack the e-4 stepped up and so on . its called comradeship.
It was to keep off of the tops radar.

tdrt
09-28-10, 01:21 PM
Where did the old Corps go ? when I was in you looked out for the man above and below you if the corporal had to slack for personal reasons the lance stepped up and took up the slack if the e-5 had to slack the e-4 stepped up and so on . its called comradeship.
It was to keep off of the tops radar.

Agree. I don't get why this is even an issue. Not like he's on the clock.