PDA

View Full Version : Interested in info about Security Forces UV

ShockEmShaun
09-23-10, 09:48 PM
Hi I am new to the site. I am currently enlisted and shipping off as soon as I graduate. I am looking through jobs, and Security Forces UV popped up recently and I decided to take it since I have plans for law enforcement after.

I have heard a bit about it but I am interested in some more info on this MOS. Preferrably someone from this field who can give me some real insight on this job.

:usmc:

Lisa 23
09-23-10, 09:55 PM
You can fill out a bit more of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to.
And you may also want to do a search on the site as this topic has been covered many times before.

ShockEmShaun
09-28-10, 12:02 PM
Thank you. I went through and added more details about me to my profile. I am shipping out to basic June 25th next year after i graduate and recently chose the Security Forces UV MOS. I was told by my recruiter that it is a protection job andyou have CQC training, etc. This would be great for my future plans of having a high end law enforcement career.

I would just like to get some details from someone who has, or had, this MOS. What kind of duties does this job entail? Any info would be great. And I realize that this is an infantry job so I will have to go to infantry training and then to my MOS school; is there any chance they will just pull me out of infantry training and throw me somewhere else?

Thanks.

spotts
09-28-10, 12:10 PM
use the search function since this topic has been talked about previously.