PDA

View Full Version : Wannabe with PT ?'s

Jmetal
09-22-10, 09:59 PM
So I discovered recently that when it comes to actual exercise I'm a bit behind the curve. I've decided that this is what i want, but my shoddy and minimal reps in everything (except situps, I can get close to 60 in two minutes) arent going to help me become a Marine. Any tips on good pull up form?

Lisa 23
09-22-10, 10:09 PM
Search the poolee forum, as well as the Ask A Marine forum, as this topic has been covered many times before.

JNelson
09-25-10, 12:38 PM
Hey Jordan, if you're looking for more workouts to improve on your IST and PFT scores the Poolee Hall has a lot of great exercises. I just compiled a big list of exercises which will hopefully help my scores and prepare my body for Boot Camp. I have been an active athlete throughout grade school and college but I am coming off a month long medical recovery and yesterday was my first day of working out so it is going to contain levels and I can modify the workouts to whatever level you're at if you'd like. Good luck, hope your PT is improving!

Enrique2010
10-07-10, 07:12 PM
Ill give you tips. They are all over the website, but wth, Im bored.
Tip #1: Do pull-ups overhand. Your back is a bigger muscle and easier to build on than your biceps.
Tip #2: RUN ALOT.
Bootcamp isn't THAT physically demanding as far as PT. You do PT, but its nothing like you think. Trust me. MCT is ALOT harder physically. Unless you are going to PI. My buddies who went to PI said you don't even wear flaks and kevlars during movements. In the West, the movements were the worst part lol. VERY tiring and fast paced. If your of a bigger build, then you should be just fine. Im not skinny but I'm not big either. It was challenging. Once you get through it, you'll realize that you got over hyped. My Sgt in MOS school told me, and its actually true, but EVERYTHING in the Marine Corps is OVERHYPED.

thezero
10-07-10, 08:34 PM
Enrique, I am going to say you have no damn clue. Sorry to say but if your in at least moderately good shape you won't have an issue at either boot or MCT. Depending on your COC at boot depends if you wear everything on hikes, then you wear your gear at MCT all of the time.

There's plenty of good work out programs to improve yourself with minimal time. Search around here, or PM me. Because not only do you want to run a good PFT (because the IST doesn't mean sh!t) but you want a good CFT which is easier to fail or should I say get a good first class.

Enrique2010
10-10-10, 08:59 AM
Enrique, I am going to say you have no damn clue. Sorry to say but if your in at least moderately good shape you won't have an issue at either boot or MCT. Depending on your COC at boot depends if you wear everything on hikes, then you wear your gear at MCT all of the time.

There's plenty of good work out programs to improve yourself with minimal time. Search around here, or PM me. Because not only do you want to run a good PFT (because the IST doesn't mean sh!t) but you want a good CFT which is easier to fail or should I say get a good first class.

i was just going off what PI Marines told me during MOS school. It actually sounds about right. Humidity+flak+kevlar= way too many heat casualties. Everything at MCT and Bootcamp was about safety anyway.

the802
10-10-10, 10:08 AM
I'm no wanna-be, I'm a will-be.