PDA

View Full Version : Cant Breath

Texan41
09-21-10, 06:26 PM
I joined the Marine Corps at the age of 23 going the MCRD and graduating on January 27th 2008. I went through MCT and my MOS training and became a Motor Trasport Operator. I was then deployed last...

TMM54
09-21-10, 07:45 PM
Do what the doc's tell you. If you can't breathe, you have no business on active duty. Your SNCO's and officers should be helping you. Semper Fi, Tom

gkmoz
09-21-10, 07:59 PM
Fear though not ! You have been diagnosed. You have a "chit" I presume ? Don't let your fellow Marines razz you into doing something you shouldn't They don't have to live with the consequences ! If...

Phantom Blooper
09-21-10, 08:15 PM
Do what you are told to do. <br />
<br />
Guess what ASTHMA kills..... <br />
<br />
Not meaning to sound harsh or cruel....but it can potentially be a serious debilitating for LIFE condition. <br />
<br />
If you can't run or PT...

spotts
09-21-10, 09:07 PM
If you are medically discharged you can fill our your compensation paperwork before you get out. I would recommend you do that.

revleo
09-21-10, 10:51 PM
As my esteemed brothers have said. I must also firmly agree.
Paperwork Paperwork Paperwork , Document everything.
It is what you would do for someone else. Remember you cannot help any one else. If you do not CYA for your self first.

Garyius
09-22-10, 11:45 AM
Copy every single piece of paper relating to your illness. Go to witnesses who saw you or assigned you to burn pit duty and get them to write down their memories and sign them with their full names and ranks and unit.

Take every single piece of paper, from the sick call slips to light duty chits to every test result to every piece of paper in your medical record. Copy every one. Have an officer in your unit, CWO-2 up to whoever will do it, stamp and sign every page to certify it. Hide those copies.

Call the American Legion or VFW right now, and get ahold of a veteran service officer, and do everything else he tells you to do. Give them copies of the certifed copies.

I am going to be very blunt with you. You are broke dick now, you unit will most likely despise you because you are useless to them. That is harsh, but true. They, at best, will ignore you and try to spike you out as fast as they can.

Bouncing you out fast means you will likely get little or nothing that you have earned, deserve, and need now that Corps has taken your health and many of your possible careers away.

You need lots of evidence, you need the knowledge now to do the right things to get what you need--which means you will likely have to fight. You needs tons of evidence to get the VA to treat you in the future, and to give you the pension you have earned.

Don't blow this off, don't go with the flow, don't think you 'owe' the Corps or your unit and take the knife in the back.

spotts
09-22-10, 12:18 PM
Texan41, if you get stuck on the VA paperwork PM me. I work for the Regional VA in Philly and can help you through the process.

Phantom Blooper
09-22-10, 12:35 PM
ALL sound advice....come back on and get it done!:evilgrin:

hussaf
09-22-10, 12:40 PM
I hope you put all hazmat contact on your PDHA...burning trash, equipment, any kind of firefight, inclement weather, construction will turn up all sorts of small particulates. Hope it works out for you.

Texan41
09-22-10, 08:15 PM
Hey thank you very very much for all of your concerns and advice. I read all the posts and I really agreed with most every single one of them. I really got the sense that "documentation" is the most important role right now for me. Thanks again for everything guys and I really appreciate it ! I will keep you all informed as things go on !