PDA

View Full Version : A Trip To Parris Island, Video And Pictures

SemperFiParent
09-20-10, 10:49 AM
A two-fer this time out.
Again, thanks to all of you for your kind remarks and continued support.
This time we have a light-hearted look at our trip to PI:

http://rightwingwizkid.blogspot.com/2010/09/our-trip-to-mcrd-parris-island.html

And then the wonderful surprise we received once we got there:

http://rightwingwizkid.blogspot.com/2010/09/visit-to-parris-island-part-one.html

ChuckH
09-20-10, 11:19 AM
With all due respect, shouldnt you be posting in the Marine Parents section?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Osotogary
09-20-10, 03:49 PM
With all due respect, shouldnt you be posting in the Marine Parents section?

Holy crapola, ChuckH, I wonder where that leaves me? I've been posting on this website since 2002. Oh, yeah, I have been challenged but I have been able to have a good support group...since I am, first and foremost, concerned with the support and welfare of the Marine Corps and the Marines who have befriended me. I am an active part of the Marine Corps Family. I do not need to be luminated or brought special attention. I am support, plain and simple and very proud to have a Marine son and another son who spent the better part of 6-7 years in the "Sandbox and surrounding whereabouts" embedded with the 3rd Special Forces Group. Yes, of coarse there is a Forum slot for Marine Parents but , come to think of it, if I had posted all of my entries into that forum, you Marines may not have been able so see all the cartoons that I have drawn nor the pictures I have taken. Posting in "the Open Squad Bay" was worth the risk.
SemperFiParent took some nice photos, worthy of all to see. It is always good for visitors to this website, who aren't Marines, to realize that this is a website created primarily for Marines and the Marine Corps Family. I am for positive input but I understand the territories, be they intentional or not. In the immortal words of Rocky. "It is what it is."
Adios, for now.

Lisa 23
09-20-10, 04:36 PM
I also posted this in "Meet One Of America's Newest Marines"......
Congrats...and you may also want to let your daughter know that her Eagle, Globe and Anchors on her Dress Blues are on wrong. They should be inboard, not outboard.

Chad Leddy
09-21-10, 03:25 PM
LOL at the parade rest photo in front of Taco Bell.

SemperFiParent
09-21-10, 04:59 PM
Numerous folks have pointed that out, and the situation has been corrected.
We appreciate the advice, and anytime anyone sees something that is not squared away, please bring it to our attention.

I also posted this in "Meet One Of America's Newest Marines"......
Congrats...and you may also want to let your daughter know that her Eagle, Globe and Anchors on her Dress Blues are on wrong. They should be inboard, not outboard.

SemperFiParent
09-21-10, 05:06 PM
Holy crapola, ChuckH, I wonder where that leaves me? I've been posting on this website since 2002. Oh, yeah, I have been challenged but I have been able to have a good support group...since I am, first and foremost, concerned with the support and welfare of the Marine Corps and the Marines who have befriended me. I am an active part of the Marine Corps Family. I do not need to be luminated or brought special attention. I am support, plain and simple and very proud to have a Marine son and another son who spent the better part of 6-7 years in the "Sandbox and surrounding whereabouts" embedded with the 3rd Special Forces Group. Yes, of coarse there is a Forum slot for Marine Parents but , come to think of it, if I had posted all of my entries into that forum, you Marines may not have been able so see all the cartoons that I have drawn nor the pictures I have taken. Posting in "the Open Squad Bay" was worth the risk.
SemperFiParent took some nice photos, worthy of all to see. It is always good for visitors to this website, who aren't Marines, to realize that this is a website created primarily for Marines and the Marine Corps Family. I am for positive input but I understand the territories, be they intentional or not. In the immortal words of Rocky. "It is what it is."
Adios, for now.

Osotogary:

I appreciate you having my back.
ChuckH, I appreciate your point, however, I don't feel I am doing anyone any harm.
The links I post here are either about my daughter's progress in the Corps, or a link to an article/video I feel to be of general interest.
If what I am doing is causing a conflict, I will change direction.

ChuckH
09-21-10, 05:55 PM
No harm No foul...
I'm good with it if everyone else is...:thumbup:

SemperFiParent
09-21-10, 06:18 PM
She worked there throughout high school and during semester breaks during college.

SemperFiParent
09-21-10, 06:21 PM
No harm No foul...
I'm good with it if everyone else is...:thumbup:

Good to go