PDA

View Full Version : The bringer of bad news.

ShannonL
09-20-10, 12:09 AM
Hello Marines.

Is there anybody here that was the bringer of bad news on the base...The man in black step-outs in full uniform, knocking on the door of a marine wife? Whats it like having that job? Having you car watched everyday with hopes that you dont stop at thier house?

ChuckH
09-20-10, 07:31 AM
I thought this part of the forum was for Marines only??

Osotogary
09-20-10, 07:48 AM
ShannonL-
If you can, see the movie titled, The Messenger, with Woody Harrelson. I believe that this movie will give you a good idea.
(Man, oh, man...that was a very personal question that you asked, ShannonL. I know that I am uncomfortable with that question and I am not a Marine but the parent of one. I would think that the answers that you seek are located in the most private of all sanctuaries...never to be spoken.) You might receive "matter of fact, job related" answers but I don't think that is what you are looking for.
All the best to you.
Gary

TJR1070
09-20-10, 08:02 AM
You might want to watch "Taking Chance" also but like Ostogary said, the likelyhood of someone involved in that painful process to open up to a stanger on an open forum is slim to none. While I applaud your respect and support of our Servicemembers I think a more relaxed approach to the information you seek would be a better course of action and might yield better results.

Lisa 23
09-20-10, 10:02 AM

Me too.

il duce
09-20-10, 10:18 AM
just once (I picked up the family's minister and drove him and Co Gunny)

wish I had never volunteered

ShannonL
09-20-10, 12:55 PM
I appologize Marines. I'm sorry if I was inconsiderate...It wasnt my intention.

devilbones
09-20-10, 03:11 PM
The only part of the forum that is Marines only is in the section labeled "Marines Only", it contains Chesty's Hooch, Sick Bay Commando, etc.

ChuckH
09-20-10, 03:55 PM
The only part of the forum that is Marines only is in the section labeled "Marines Only", it contains Chesty's Hooch, Sick Bay Commando, etc.

Not going to get into a ****ing match here..
I just edited my reply as it does indeed say
"Marines Only (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43) This is a "Marine Only" forum which provides Marines a way to communicate and talk "Marine".
in the area you mentioned.
BUT it also says: Open Squad Bay Exchange ideas and thoughts with your Band of Brothers. Remember to be courteous and respectful.

I took that as Marines only..

devilbones
09-20-10, 05:10 PM
Its really hard to put intonation into a post. In no way was I trying to call somebody out, I am really confused which forums are for 'Marines only'.

ChuckH
09-20-10, 05:48 PM
Its really hard to put intonation into a post. In no way was I trying to call somebody out, I am really confused which forums are for 'Marines only'.
Welcome to the wonderful world of "The Internet" :beer:

sparkie
09-20-10, 07:42 PM
Shannon,,,,,, you are still a spammer. Why again should you be here? Just wonderin,,,,,,,,,,

ShannonL
09-21-10, 12:42 AM
No. I'm not a spammer...I'm a moderator on two other sites. Its just that I'm hungry for knowledge and for the life of me I can't control it. I respect you all and if I step on toes, I'm don't mean it and I am sorry.

USNAviator
09-21-10, 07:47 PM
No. I'm not a spammer...I'm a moderator on two other sites. Its just that I'm hungry for knowledge and for the life of me I can't control it. I respect you all and if I step on toes, I'm don't mean it and I am sorry.

Mind if I ask what you've written? Is it available in the States? You wouldn't happen to have the ISBN numbers would you?

As for this:

Favorite Marine? <dl class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><dt class="shade">"Anyone capping scum"</dt></dl>I'm not at all sure what you mean by that. Perhaps it's a cultural or language problem

ShannonL
09-23-10, 12:18 AM
Sadley my first...If you dont believe it you cant be it. Many of you knew you were Marines before you walked into the recruiters post.

I want my first book to be as realistic as possible. I want you Marines to want to go drinking with my characters. I want readers to walk in Marine boots and learn that war aint all glory...but marred with mailce and terrors which you Marines have experianced. I respect all of you and thats why I'm here to learn from you guys and honour the Corps and ALL of its members...

I dont have a favourite Marine so anyone capping scum just popped in my head, I've changed it now.