PDA

View Full Version : Climbed a Flag Pole Ever

MasterGunsmith
09-15-10, 03:50 PM
Has any one ever been drunk enough to climb a flag pole on base and look inside the globe to see if there is a .45 round, map, and a match? The map to show you were a .45 is buried, match to burn the flag, and the round to kill yourself if you are the last Marine left on base. Burning the flag is to prevent it from falling into enemies hands. Anyone?:flag:

tdrt
09-15-10, 04:15 PM
Nope. Just a fence once but that's whole other story...

Rooger
09-15-10, 05:09 PM
Those are only at Division HQ's Supposedly, The way i heard it...it was a match to burn the colors, and a 45 round, and instructions on how to burn the flag.....and no i was never drunk enough.......But Myself and a buddy were drunk enough to play around on the 5 in Naval Cannon outside of 1st Mar Div. HQ one night ;) Got caught too!

Beltayn
09-15-10, 06:40 PM
Once a few Marines stole the Navy's bell at DLI on the Marine Corps birthday.

viper1833
09-16-10, 02:27 AM
No but I once saw a Marine take a old rickty chair, and have another Marine hold the legs over the third deck balcony while the retard did some pullups. Poor SOB, the legs snapped, and he fell three stories and bounced like a sack of potatoes haha :D.

Also I did once climb up on the top of the barracks at Courthouse Bay, on Bravo Co. Barracks drunk off my a$$ once:D

TJR1070
09-16-10, 07:31 AM
I always wondered if that was true, but never drunk enough to climb one of those poles.

silverdollar
09-16-10, 07:41 AM

Would really like to see those pictures.:D

Backhaus 1103
09-16-10, 10:31 AM
I would like to see someone climb a flag pole drunk of their a*s...."Yesterday Lcpl Dumba*s died from wounds received falling off of the flag pole at 2nd Mar Div's Headquarters"

1stRad2671
09-16-10, 08:11 PM
Once a few Marines stole the Navy's bell at DLI on the Marine Corps birthday.

And painted their anchors.

And painted the Army's tank pink.

And put B Co's mascot stump thing on top of the chow hall entrance.

And......

:D

AlohaMarine
09-17-10, 03:32 AM
I don't drink, so no.

But I would do it sober.

Marine84
09-18-10, 08:33 PM
I danced on a pole at an amateur night, does that count?

sparkie
09-18-10, 08:39 PM

Pictures of that too, please.

Wyoming
09-18-10, 08:50 PM

So now, you are a 'Pro'?:bunny:

Wyoming
09-18-10, 08:52 PM
Wait, wait, whoa.

You 'danced' on a pole?

Mental image here. Hmmmm.

hussaf
09-18-10, 09:45 PM
I stole an Air Force guidon at a joint base.

I got drunk enough to attempt stealing the base CG flag (three star?) at LeJeune. PMO, or someone with shotguns, put a stop to that...but luckily they thought it was funny and let me go. Ah to be a lance again...

We got so close...had that bad boy halfway to the window.

rheinmark187
09-18-10, 11:37 PM
I knew what this thread was about just by the headline. I think you'll have to go looking on Snopes for that.

LandsNGrooves
09-21-10, 11:50 AM
I think its a urban myth.

FistFu68
09-21-10, 12:48 PM
:evilgrin: I climbed the Tallest Flag Pole in the United States at the Home of The U.S.ARMY joint Forces Airborne Rigger School Ft.Lee,Va;when I was 13 too touch The TRUCK...was to scared too slide back down...They called the Fire Dept,and My PaPa Who was S-2 on the Base and He Whipped My Azz but good.My Flag Pole days of Climbing were over from then on.Now My Lady climbs My Pole every Night...God Bless America :beer: :iwo:

Phantom Blooper
09-21-10, 05:58 PM

Was this at MAG or MAB HQ or just recently?:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
09-21-10, 05:59 PM

COMMANDO.......:beer:

:evilgrin:

vanmac
09-21-10, 10:55 PM
before that...

FistFu, you crack me up. It's worth the price of admission just to read your comments.

Ok, here's the scoop:

http://115marinereunion.com/Flag_Facts.jpg

FattyTheFerret
09-22-10, 07:56 PM
before that...

FistFu, you crack me up. It's worth the price of admission just to read your comments.

Ok, here's the scoop:

http://115marinereunion.com/Flag_Facts.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

MasterGunsmith
09-23-10, 01:18 AM
WTF??? We had to memorize this as part of NCO Knowledge. LOL abou the Army Base deal.

LandsNGrooves
09-23-10, 11:25 AM
Its fake. The story always changes. Some say its a 1911, or M9. or a S&W .38 revolver. And where exactly each part is always changes. And some say the box is at the base of the flag pole, and some say its due north. So wouldnt you need a compass too?

Ive never heard of the saber part.

tdrt
09-23-10, 11:30 AM
COMMANDO.......:beer:

:evilgrin:

I'm getting better about that! ;)

FattyTheFerret
09-23-10, 11:56 AM
Its fake. The story always changes. Some say its a 1911, or M9. or a S&W .38 revolver. And where exactly each part is always changes. And some say the box is at the base of the flag pole, and some say its due north. So wouldnt you need a compass too?

Ive never heard of the saber part.

This. In all the decades this story has been told there have never been one verified statement from someone who put those things up there or took them down to see or in any other way sourced the story. This is a military myth like the stress cards or the lighthouse and aircraft carrier joke.

FistFu68
09-23-10, 12:53 PM
:evilgrin: The Ball at the Top of the Flag Pole is still called The TRUCK,as far as the other Scuttlebutt I do not think it's true.But it did not make The Azz Whipping my Father handed out too Me any Less Painfull,just thought it was Kool too Shimy up that Bad Boy and be able Too reach the Top and Rub The TRUCK...:iwo::thumbup: