PDA

View Full Version : PT slayed me last Saturday

Vise
09-13-10, 12:46 PM
So I wake up and jog to my RSS thinking it was gonna be an average PT day (Double time, Ultimate Football, double time again) but I was wrong. Two newly graduated Marine Privates were visiting the RSS and assumed the role of leading PT. We double-timed over to the park we usually work out at and lined up. The Privates then had us separate into two teams and instructed us on how to do the fireman's carry, low crawl, back crawl, etc. We then had to do each of these in a relay race. When I first saw the different types of carries, I thought, "I can do this." I did everything, but I was so exhausted I could barely stand. Long story short, I ended up throwing up and continued to PT. Those Privates were super motivating and I hope PT is that challenging for now on.

yellowwing
09-13-10, 12:58 PM
Do not post poolee topics in Marine Family.

Steve018
09-13-10, 01:41 PM
Thats pretty much every PT for us haha. We only played football once as a treat. Hope you guys continue those work outs cuz they will help!

wilsontc11
09-13-10, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I remember when I was taught the fireman's carry I thought I couldn't do it either lol. Its pretty easy as long as you get someone around the same size as you though

pattchan
09-13-10, 03:11 PM
my worst pt was something like this

fireman carry
drag them back in like a hugging position
chinese sit ups
6 INCHES FUUUUUUUUUUU
four man pushups like our legs on top of another person's back forming a square
alot of running

Steve018
09-13-10, 03:41 PM
my worst pt was something like this

fireman carry
drag them back in like a hugging position
chinese sit ups
6 INCHES FUUUUUUUUUUU
four man pushups like our legs on top of another person's back forming a square
alot of running

The four man push ups blow!

pattchan
09-13-10, 06:03 PM
The four man push ups blow!
yea sadly they didnt group us based on our weight. one guy on our group was 50lbs heavier than the 3 of us. just had to suck it up

srdMC21
09-15-10, 12:37 PM
U guys get to play football at ur functions? We do IST and then a few hrs worth off exercise every pool function. But id rather, gets ya better prepaired.

the802
09-15-10, 12:58 PM
That's an easy pool function... yesterday we ran 4 miles to the HS, did a CFT, and then ran 4 miles back, and that was considered a light PT...