PDA

View Full Version : Critique my diet please

Good Squire
09-13-10, 02:04 AM
I'm trying to get off a multivitamin(GNC Mega Men Sport). I'm concerned about my diet without it. I feel perhaps I may not get enough greens or calcium during the week day. Here's my schedule for tomorrow.

700 hrs: 2 eggs scrambled, 2 pieces of bacon, 6 strawberries or banana, 10 oz glass of milk, 10 oz glass of OJ

1130 hrs: Nature's Valley bar, apple

1300 hrs: Roast beef provolone mayo spinach on wheat bread, 8 oz container of milk

1800 hrs: Broiled tilapia, steamed broccoli, cup of mac and cheese, apple or banana, 10 oz glass of milk

This along with constant hydration(around 80 oz of water, 110 oz if I PT hard). Please tell me what you think. Be advised that at 1130 and 1300 I'm at school. Any advice on my current diet or what I could do to better it would be appreciated. A better multi or just getting rid of it would be helpful advice as well.

Rough Hands
09-13-10, 03:14 AM
I'm trying to get off a multivitamin(GNC Mega Men Sport). I'm concerned about my diet without it. I feel perhaps I may not get enough greens or calcium during the week day. Here's my schedule for tomorrow.

700 hrs: 2 eggs scrambled, 2 pieces of bacon, 6 strawberries or banana, 10 oz glass of milk, 10 oz glass of OJ

1130 hrs: Nature's Valley bar, apple

1300 hrs: Roast beef provolone mayo spinach on wheat bread, 8 oz container of milk

1800 hrs: Broiled tilapia, steamed broccoli, cup of mac and cheese, apple or banana, 10 oz glass of milk

This along with constant hydration(around 80 oz of water, 110 oz if I PT hard). Please tell me what you think. Be advised that at 1130 and 1300 I'm at school. Any advice on my current diet or what I could do to better it would be appreciated. A better multi or just getting rid of it would be helpful advice as well.

What is the goal of your diet? Try getting some veggies with your lunch, or some additional fruit. Or make an omelet in the morning, put some spinach in it or some fresh salsa on top of it.

If you're not trying to drop weight you might need to add in a few more calories, but other than that I'd say you're good. Just try to mix up what you eat every day; don't eat the same things day in and day out. Just get some kind of protein (tuna, chicken, lean beef, eggs, etc.) at every large meal (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with some kind of fruit and/or vegetable and a complex carb (oatmeal, brown rice, wheat bread, multi-grain pasta, etc.) if you want a more filling meal.

Oh yeah, don't forget to drink between a half gallon and a gallon of water a day. Try to stay away from processed foods and anything with added sugar as much as you can - eat clean and your body will thank you for it. Multis are good, but not always necessary; if you feel you aren't getting the required amount of nutrients from your diet however, just stick with it.

tblake87
09-13-10, 08:52 AM
It looks decent, but what are your goals(cut fat or lean body mass). Also are you tracking macros and calories. My diet I personally use a 40%/40%/20% split(protein/carbs/fat) with at least 180g of protein per day and more on days I lift, but the standard is to take in 0.8-1g of protein per pound of lean body mass.

The best thing to do is calculate your basic metabolic rate-BMR-(the amount of calories required to maintain your weight) and then adjust those calories to reflect your goals. For example if you BMR is 2600 calories/day and you want to cut fat, then you will want to take in about 2100 calories/day and if you want to build mass then aim for about 3100 calories/day.

But like Rough Hands said, it's based on what your goals are.

Good Squire
09-13-10, 11:09 AM
My goals are to maintain weight(180 lbs) and build cardio. I used to play football and have enough strength, but my run time sucks. I use GNC's Mega Men Sport multi.

mcspam
09-13-10, 03:09 PM
It looks decent, but what are your goals(cut fat or lean body mass). Also are you tracking macros and calories. My diet I personally use a 40%/40%/20% split(protein/carbs/fat) with at least 180g of protein per day and more on days I lift, but the standard is to take in 0.8-1g of protein per pound of lean body mass.

The best thing to do is calculate your basic metabolic rate-BMR-(the amount of calories required to maintain your weight) and then adjust those calories to reflect your goals. For example if you BMR is 2600 calories/day and you want to cut fat, then you will want to take in about 2100 calories/day and if you want to build mass then aim for about 3100 calories/day.

But like Rough Hands said, it's based on what your goals are.

Good advice. You frequent bodybuilding.com ? Seems about the kind of stuff you learn there, as have I.

tblake87
09-13-10, 03:41 PM
Good advice. You frequent bodybuilding.com ? Seems about the kind of stuff you learn there, as have I.

You miscin' brah. No homo. ;)

Rough Hands
09-13-10, 04:30 PM
:thumbup:

mcspam
09-14-10, 01:30 PM

nah actually don't do the misc much, just the mainsite and the losing fat forums.