PDA

View Full Version : New Marine Spouse, Where To Begin?

mrsboatman
09-12-10, 11:04 AM
I'm a new Marine spouse. I'm not too sure where to begin. I wanted to enroll in DEERS but heard only my DH can do that for me. He is leaving tomorrow for MCT so I'm not sure if he'll be able to take care of that while he's gone. I was wondering what kind of things I could get started on here while he's away. Just a little overwhelmed, needing some guidance. Thank you.

sgt tony
09-12-10, 12:09 PM
Well we would need to know what area you live in. You can always go to the nearest Marine recruiter, or the reserve center.
1. Has you and hubby turned in your marriage license?
or
Did you just get married while he was back on leave?

This is just the first question and that it will lead to the way to go.

Tell hubby Semper Fi

Bama Boi
09-12-10, 12:37 PM
I live in Maine and don't know of any Marine recruiters around my area. And yes we got married while he was on leave. We have our marriage certificate. Thank you.

Well we would need to know what area you live in. You can always go to the nearest Marine recruiter, or the reserve center.
1. Has you and hubby turned in your marriage license?
or
Did you just get married while he was back on leave?

This is just the first question and that it will lead to the way to go.

Tell hubby Semper Fi

mrsboatman
09-12-10, 01:08 PM
sorry babe, went on your account. should've logged off lol.

I live in Maine and don't know of any Marine recruiters around my area. And yes we got married while he was on leave. We have our marriage certificate. Thank you.

Old Marine
09-12-10, 01:44 PM
Google the Deers site.

sgt tony
09-12-10, 05:34 PM
Hubby Is From There He Should Be Able To Tell You Where They Are. And Yes Goggle Deers And That Will Be The Start.
He Will Need To Take Marage Licence With Him To His Mos School So They Can Get You On The Record And Start To Get The Pay Started Soon.

DobbinsBlythe
10-07-10, 06:42 PM
Did you guys manage to get you a power of attorney? If so, you may be able to get on base with someone you know or a gate guard may let you on if they're nice... directing you to the DEERS office. Pretty sure with a general POA you can go to the DEERS office and get enrolled... although you may need other info that you don't have.

In addition to your marriage certificate, you will need your birth certificate and another form of ID... I can't remember if they needed your SS card too. You may have to wait until he's out of MCT if worst comes to worst. Definitely contact a recruiter.