PDA

View Full Version : College tuition help

boxinggsxr
09-09-10, 02:15 AM
I'm writing this to find out for my wife how she will pay for tuition for her last 2 years at the university. So far we got ahold of military one who directed us to mycaa but have had some trouble contacting them. Any other resources besides scholarships? I was hoping for grants more than a loan i'd have to pay off once i get back from afghanistan. Any advice helps thanks and Semper

TMM54
09-09-10, 06:19 AM
There are millions of dollars in scholarships out there. Get online and start searching and writing. Just about every organization you can think of offers scholarships, especially for active duty armed forces members, reservists, veterans, and family members. The Marine Corps League sponsors scholarships, the Fleet Reserve Assocation, the DAV, the Veterans of Foreign Wars, the list is endless. You just have to spend the time applying for a lot of scholarships - and you just might get one!

Prayers, and good luck! Semper Fi, Tom

DobbinsBlythe
10-07-10, 06:39 PM
MYCAA won't pay for the rest of her bachelors anymore... they discontinued funding for undergraduate degrees other than Associates. You will definitely have tons of access to loads of scholarships set up just for Military Spouses as well as specifically for Marine Wives. I have emails sent to me from our FRO quite often about scholarships for spouses! Also, she needs to apply for funding. She should definitely fill out her FAFSA (fafsa.gov) and apply for federal grants and funding. Since you're a LCpl, she shouldn't have any problem getting grants, unless she works full time.

:D

USNAviator
10-07-10, 06:46 PM
I'm writing this to find out for my wife how she will pay for tuition for her last 2 years at the university. So far we got ahold of military one who directed us to mycaa but have had some trouble contacting them. Any other resources besides scholarships? I was hoping for grants more than a loan i'd have to pay off once i get back from afghanistan. Any advice helps thanks and Semper

Another good source of info is Military dot com Sorry I had to spell it that way but for some reason that site isn't shown here on LN, it's blocked out They are also geared to each branch of service as well. Just start searching, you'll find something