PDA

View Full Version : Pre Ship Jitters!!

MotivatedJake
09-07-10, 12:19 AM
Im leaving for PI in 5 days. But lately ive been reading up on bootcamp and have heard stories of recruits crying and trying to kill themselves and D.I's being harshly unfair. Is this true? I hope not because it is extremely unmotivating. Can I get some Marine Corps motivation?

pattchan
09-07-10, 05:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4JieM0zYMI&feature=related

Steve018
09-07-10, 10:39 AM
Expect the DI's to be extremely harsh, to be honest i dont know how u didnt expect that! Just remember, its all a mind game, you will be punished for things others have done, you will be made to do confusing things. Its the Marine Corps, expect the hardest 3 months of your life ever, IT WILL SUCK. But in the end, you will have truly earned the title US Marine. As for the crying part, some people dont take boot camp to well. My friends dad said in Air Force boot camp in the 60's, kids would break their own legs just to leave. It all depends on how you handle it, remember, its nothing personal and thousands have done it before.

the802
09-07-10, 11:04 AM
That video is of my buddies unit, 1/6 Alpha company.

Rough Hands
09-07-10, 03:24 PM
Im leaving for PI in 5 days. But lately ive been reading up on bootcamp and have heard stories of recruits crying and trying to kill themselves and D.I's being harshly unfair. Is this true? I hope not because it is extremely unmotivating. Can I get some Marine Corps motivation?

Just don't ever give up. There are going to be times in boot camp when you're going to absolutely hate life and think about quitting, but there are just 3 months standing between you and being a Marine. Just remember, in your darkest moments, the fastest way off the Island (or out of San Diego) is to just graduate. Recruits that get dropped spend a LOT of time being processed out.

Hummel
09-07-10, 10:51 PM

Oh yeah, I've heard of all them stories, I'm sure they are true. But those are the sh*t bags. I just got done talking to a guy that got back from boot camp. He said its not bad if you just do what your told. The sh*t bags that f*ck around are the ones that try and kill themselves.

So i wouldn't worry about it, your not a sh*t bag, I can tell. If you were, you wouldn't be on here worrying.

nrml1
09-07-10, 11:41 PM
Having just graduated last week I can tell you your life is guaranteed to suck for 3 months without question. But as was mentioned, the only way to become a Marine is to March across that Parade Deck so do what you have to do to make it through. For me I simply always told myself, I mean constantly told myself "this isn't forever, at some point we'll have to do something else" - I said this mostly when getting IT'd but it applies for everything else, "this will end at some point".

Best of luck.

MotivatedJake
09-09-10, 12:59 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. The 3 months of hell is worth the life time of being a Marine. One thing the Drill Instructors cant stop is time. Im ready to earn the title!

Cardboardbox
09-11-10, 09:21 PM
I had a day at boot camp yesterday. You'll be fine.

ScarSniper
09-12-10, 01:04 PM

I'm leaving either tomorrow or next week Monday (I wont know until tomorrow) and trust me, man, as tough as I consider myself to be, I'm nervous as hell as well. There's gonna be pain for us. You have to understand the REASON for the U.S. Military. Beyond the honor, the fancy uniforms and the benefits, and all that. The U.S. Military is America's line of defense against people who, simply put, want to kill us. The U.S. Marines are made for War. So they have to forge us tough, bro. They have to be mean to us, they have to destroy what we are and create us anew, because if we're soft and sentimental at the wrong moments, we could die. The quicker you realize that, the faster you understand WHAT we are getting ourselves into, the better you'll do in bootcamp. Recruiters are like...hmm..how should I put this? You know when you watch TV, and you see those "Come to California or Come to Jamaica" commercials? And they show only places like Malibu beach and Georgetown but not the poverty stricken areas like Compton? That's how it is. This isn't the Air Force, bro. This is the Marines..and whether you go in as a cook, or as an 03, the chance of us getting in a nasty firefight is ALWAYS there..and it is the Drill Instructor's Job to prepare us for that. So prepare for hell, for pain, for little happiness, and when you feel like you're about to quit, remember all those people who died in the Twin Towers who lost their lives to senseless violence. Think about the FAMILIES who have been TORN up by these sick FREAKS who would use KIDS as suicidal bombers to promote an insane IDEA. That's motivation enough for me. Go out there, with me, and don't quit. No matter how much pain they put in your body...push...find inner motivational music and push, because when we earn that Title, NOTHING anybody ever says can take that away. They can spit on our uniforms (once we earn it) but they will never take away our pride. Come back Marine. That should be motivation enough... it's ok to be nervous. I am too, and i've been preparing for months and months and months. And be LOUD. Sound OFF. YELL. Scream. That's what i'm going to do.

Jarthura
09-13-10, 12:40 AM
Just don't ever give up. There are going to be times in boot camp when you're going to absolutely hate life and think about quitting, but there are just 3 months standing between you and being a Marine. Just remember, in your darkest moments, the fastest way off the Island (or out of San Diego) is to just graduate. Recruits that get dropped spend a LOT of time being processed out.

My recruter told me that. I was like YES! because I might quit during training but I hate going through the process of quitting but when my recruiter told me that the process takes forever, I felt a lot better on graduating boot camp.

Kevin691
10-11-10, 06:57 PM
I'm leaving either tomorrow or next week Monday (I wont know until tomorrow) and trust me, man, as tough as I consider myself to be, I'm nervous as hell as well. There's gonna be pain for us. You have to understand the REASON for the U.S. Military. Beyond the honor, the fancy uniforms and the benefits, and all that. The U.S. Military is America's line of defense against people who, simply put, want to kill us. The U.S. Marines are made for War. So they have to forge us tough, bro. They have to be mean to us, they have to destroy what we are and create us anew, because if we're soft and sentimental at the wrong moments, we could die. The quicker you realize that, the faster you understand WHAT we are getting ourselves into, the better you'll do in bootcamp. Recruiters are like...hmm..how should I put this? You know when you watch TV, and you see those "Come to California or Come to Jamaica" commercials? And they show only places like Malibu beach and Georgetown but not the poverty stricken areas like Compton? That's how it is. This isn't the Air Force, bro. This is the Marines..and whether you go in as a cook, or as an 03, the chance of us getting in a nasty firefight is ALWAYS there..and it is the Drill Instructor's Job to prepare us for that. So prepare for hell, for pain, for little happiness, and when you feel like you're about to quit, remember all those people who died in the Twin Towers who lost their lives to senseless violence. Think about the FAMILIES who have been TORN up by these sick FREAKS who would use KIDS as suicidal bombers to promote an insane IDEA. That's motivation enough for me. Go out there, with me, and don't quit. No matter how much pain they put in your body...push...find inner motivational music and push, because when we earn that Title, NOTHING anybody ever says can take that away. They can spit on our uniforms (once we earn it) but they will never take away our pride. Come back Marine. That should be motivation enough... it's ok to be nervous. I am too, and i've been preparing for months and months and months. And be LOUD. Sound OFF. YELL. Scream. That's what i'm going to do.
I don't even have my ship date yet but that was some good stuff right there, some motivation for myself too taken out of that.

RBrouse
10-12-10, 01:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4JieM0zYMI&feature=related
that is my new favorite video

ScarSniper
10-12-10, 09:56 AM
Good to go, Kevin. lol My new ship-date is 20101115 though.

shadox
10-12-10, 10:34 AM
Good luck Bro!

Make us proud and come back with that title!:usmc:

Meagan92
10-12-10, 01:48 PM

I gotta say, if that's not motivating, idk what it! Thank you for that! :)

ScarSniper
10-12-10, 02:45 PM
I gotta say, if that's not motivating, idk what it! Thank you for that! :)

Yut! :evilgrin:

Cardboardbox
10-19-10, 09:22 PM
Good to go, Kevin. lol My new ship-date is 20101115 though.

See you at Parris Island.

lake9
10-19-10, 11:50 PM
yeah man that's a good thing. i think everyone gets it. Good luck!