PDA

View Full Version : Lasik.

BurkeWorld
09-05-10, 12:53 AM
Wow, this isn't good by the read of things...

Back in 2005 I had LASIK eye surgery to fix my horrid eyesight. I now have 20/20 vision in both eyes for the past 5 years with no problems. I'm going to MEPS this Thursday and I have been reading that I can be DQ'ed based on having this procedure done.

What the hell do I do? My recruiter said it was no problem, but I think he is lying, to be honest, or at least not telling me the full facts.

Help?

~Burkey

Rough Hands
09-05-10, 04:46 AM
He probably wouldn't go through the trouble of putting in your paperwork and sending you to MEPS if it weren't the truth. Have a little bit of faith in your recruiter. Also, why is it that you're going to MEPS now? In order to be a Poolee, you'd have had to taken your Oath of Enlistment, which comes after your physical is cleared, as far as I know...

PooleeBogenrief
09-05-10, 01:03 PM
Something Smells fishy

Steve018
09-05-10, 08:11 PM
Your recruiter would definitely not have gone through all that trouble if he is lying to you, trust me, your recruiter would tell you if your chances are bad. My recruiter was a little worried my bad wrist getting my DQ'd, and told me that, yours would have done the same. Dont worry, you'll walk out with that blue t shirt and tin box.