PDA

View Full Version : Who Got In With Waivers?

BassPro0007
09-04-10, 10:47 AM
I am making this thread to get an idea of how lucky I am to have been accepted into the Marine Corps. A friend of mine was recently denied for posession of MJ, but my record was far worse:

Posession of MJ
Posession of alchol under age
Laying drag
Driving without a licence
Expired tag (x2)
Speeding (x2)
Failure to stop at a stop sign
No seatbelt

I am glad to have straightened up my life and even more glad to have the chance to become a United Stated Marine. Any similar stories of people getting accepted despite horrible odds?

PS. I said I was lucky to get in but I worked my ASS of for three months to get in so change that to luck + hard work

Steve018
09-04-10, 11:50 AM
Almost needed a waiver for my wrist which had surgery last year and a pin placed inside. The doctor at MEPS said my wrist was fine and dandy so no waiver for me. Glad you were able to enlist!

BassPro0007
09-04-10, 12:55 PM
Thanks. Yeah thats another thing we are all lucky for. A lot of people have perfect records but are just disqualified for medical reasons. That would really suck.

Time Bandit
09-04-10, 02:34 PM
I know a few poolees with MIP's and possession in the past. Things that had happened years before they joined the Corps. A lot of people including myself admitted to smoking about a year before joining and it didn't seem like a huge deal.

IowaBoy171
09-04-10, 02:49 PM
Lol yeah that's a nice record you got there. I had to possessions of marijuana and got my waiver approved luckily.

BassPro0007
09-04-10, 05:01 PM
Lol yeah that's a nice record you got there. I had to possessions of marijuana and got my waiver approved luckily.

Nice. Its good that we can learn from our mistakes and put them behind us. Many can not.

jc8791
09-04-10, 06:08 PM
I was one of the lucky ones to have my waiver accepted. I am very thankful that it was because, given the opportunity to serve in the U.S. Marine Corps is not a right for everyone to do. I have seen...

ScarSniper
09-04-10, 06:38 PM
I am making this thread to get an idea of how lucky I am to have been accepted into the Marine Corps. A friend of mine was recently denied for posession of MJ, but my record was far worse:

Posession of MJ
Posession of alchol under age
Laying drag
Driving without a licence
Expired tag (x2)
Speeding (x2)
Failure to stop at a stop sign
No seatbelt

I am glad to have straightened up my life and even more glad to have the chance to become a United Stated Marine. Any similar stories of people getting accepted despite horrible odds?

PS. I said I was lucky to get in but I worked my ASS of for three months to get in so change that to luck + hard work

I got in with a Waiver for a collapsed lung that occurred almost 3 years ago. I walked into the recruiting station in February of 2008, and my recruiter was a Staff Sergeant (He's not a gunny) and when I went to Inspect at MEPS, the doctor gave me the Dq. I only took my oath about a month ago. I Almost 2 years and I'm now a poolee. I've been at the recruiting station longer then the recruiters. Literally. But I know I'm lucky and it's thanks to my recruiter (I got a new one when my old one got promoted) and Gunnery Sergeant, and the mysterious Doctor(s) who held my life in his hands for so long. Man...the waiting was incredible..and not in a good way. My best friend went to basic training (Army), AIT, got sent to Iraq, earned his CIB, completed his tour and is now in Washington until he gets back to N.Y.C. all in the time i've been waiting. Still, I can't complain, it's all straight now and I realize how lucky I am because I know this one kid who's been around as long as I have with a similar situation, who's waiver wasn't approved and I realize how tough it must be for him, so I give thanks and I don't plan on coming back from Parris Island without my title. A collapsed lung isn't an easy thing to get