PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going in PFC?

PooleeBogenrief
09-04-10, 01:18 AM
In a month or so I will be getting my second refferal, I was wondering if anyone else got any refferals?:thumbup:

Rough Hands
09-04-10, 03:18 AM
As far as I know, I have one solid referral; just waiting for the kid to go to MEPS. I'm working on getting that second one, but I've been told that I have a few potential ones from talking to people at the Arctic Thunder Air Show a couple weeks back. I've been at the Alaska State Fair helping out with recruiting, so if I don't get another one from the Air Show, hopefully I'll get one from the fair.

I'll come out of boot camp PFC, one way or another. I am determined. :devious:

Gale
09-04-10, 10:14 AM
Im already getting PFC from having two years ROTC in High School. But I am still trying to get referrals. I really want to try my best to be honor grad.. I want Lance Corporal!

IowaBoy171
09-04-10, 10:34 AM
Yeah man I'm going PFC. I'm 23 though and went to college for 4 years. Haven't gotten any referrals because all my friends are losers.

Steve018
09-04-10, 11:46 AM
Nope, one friend couldn't join due to diabetes. My other friend talked to another recruiter instead, said he wanted to go through ROTC and be an officer and now doesn't even seem to want to join the Marines at all anymore (I just knew he wouldn't stick to it, never was motivated AT ALL.)

JMcWillis
09-04-10, 12:22 PM
When I graduate boot camp I will have the rank of PFC on account of having done 4 years of Navy/Army JROTC in high school.

Time Bandit
09-04-10, 02:25 PM
Have one referral who is in the process of joining but just in case I'm taking classes up until my ship date.

VanderFool
09-04-10, 03:30 PM
I went to college for a year so I'll go in as a PFC but am still workin' on referrals just because.

Rough Hands
09-04-10, 03:40 PM
Im already getting PFC from having two years ROTC in High School. But I am still trying to get referrals. I really want to try my best to be honor grad.. I want Lance Corporal!

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but Lance Corporal right out of boot camp almost seems wrong to me... Don't get me wrong, it'd be awesome to come out Honor Graduate, but what's important is becoming a Marine. Being the guide is never about you, it's about putting your fellow recruits before yourself.

emayer
09-04-10, 03:45 PM
I also will be getting PFC based on college credits

EastofWest18
09-04-10, 04:23 PM
PFC for being a college graduate.

jc8791
09-04-10, 06:22 PM
I will also be going to Recruit Training as a PFC, due to my college credits.

PooleeBogenrief
09-04-10, 06:23 PM
Wow, the majority of Poolee's on here and one's I know are getting PFC because of college credits.

Poolee Losee
09-28-10, 11:15 AM
I got my PFC last week. Got 7 referrals, 2 sworn in, and 3 waiting for papers to go to MEPS. :banana:

ScarSniper
09-28-10, 01:25 PM
I was supposed to go in as Contract Pfc, but the second dude I had reffered decided to change his mind at the last moment. :(

BurkeWorld
09-28-10, 09:15 PM
College graduate. PFC here I come!

~Burke

mcspam
09-28-10, 10:08 PM
Im pretty sure I am getting PFC for college credits, thats what the MEPS Liason told me, he put in the paperwork for it last time I was at MEPS.

Rough Hands
09-29-10, 03:00 AM
I'm tutoring two wannabes for the ASVAB - if they score over 45 (one scored a 20, and the other score a 36 on the Enlistment Screening Test), they'll count as my referrals. The 3 people I've sent to MEPS so far have all gotten temporary DQ's because of pre-existing medical conditions, or something involving misdemeanors that they have to get cleared up... All I need are two! JUST TWO!

PooleeBogenrief
09-29-10, 08:40 AM
I'm tutoring two wannabes for the ASVAB - if they score over 45 (one scored a 20, and the other score a 36 on the Enlistment Screening Test), they'll count as my referrals. The 3 people I've sent to MEPS so far have all gotten temporary DQ's because of pre-existing medical conditions, or something involving misdemeanors that they have to get cleared up... All I need are two! JUST TWO!

Haha wow. Both of mine had ASVAB of about 95

MB52
09-29-10, 08:03 PM
I'm going in PFC, in the process of getting my associates...no referals

ScarSniper
10-29-10, 11:06 AM
I was supposed to go in as Contract Pfc, but the second dude I had reffered decided to change his mind at the last moment. :(

Gotta update this...Going in Pfc due to college credits. Didn't know until I was doing my preship forms and Gunnery Sergeant told me "E2 dumbass, you've got college credits, right?" So yeah...Pfc!

PooleeBogenrief
10-29-10, 11:38 AM
Yeah I just got my second refferal last weekend

soon2bMarine10
10-29-10, 12:05 PM
Im going in PFC due to college credits also and working on finding more poolees now i have 2 possibles talking to my recruiter now!

i ship 20110501

tcurran89
10-30-10, 01:57 PM
I have 2 years JROTC so im going in PFC :yes:

Kiri
10-30-10, 06:26 PM
Both of my refferals going to MEPS tuesday. Got a pretty sweet gym bag for some reason for it. Wish me luck.

eranquist
11-03-10, 03:29 PM
I've got one that just went to meps, waiting on the second one.

ScarSniper
11-04-10, 10:52 AM
Both of my refferals going to MEPS tuesday. Got a pretty sweet gym bag for some reason for it. Wish me luck.

That's pretty cool. Couple of kids from my RS couldn't DEP in because of their Tats so they went down the block to the army...both of them passed by the other day and they had army backpacks. Hadn't even taken their oaths yet. Smh. I got a pretty cool Marine Corps Skullcap (wearing right now) and Gunny gave me his Marine Corps jacket/sweater, but I've only seen one person from my RS get a bag...this girl Mariah (she's a Marine now) I want one. Gimme yours. lol

DudefromDiego
11-04-10, 06:05 PM
Sadly no. All my friends are losers.They all have themselves convinced that they are going to go to a junior college, transfer to SDSU, and graduate with Bachelor's. Yeah right. They all have this...

RBrouse
11-05-10, 12:36 AM
dang that sucks but what can you do besides love them for using the priveleges of freedom of speech that we'll fight for:thumbup:. I had one chick walk up to a group of us after PT and call us...

RBrouse
11-05-10, 12:39 AM
also all my friends are losers too out of my entire graduating class 1 went army 2 went navy(1ROTC the other nuculear engeniring) 1 went airforce (ROTC) and 1 went marines(me)

Taviah
11-08-10, 07:35 PM
I have about 36 college credits, should have 40 by December so I was told I'd be E-2. I also have one referral but I am not totally sure that he is going to be eligible. Another one of my friends said he is interested but he is an overweight desk worker who probably wouldn't be able to handle being yelled a in boot.

sdkmcqueen
11-29-10, 01:35 PM
I'm going in pfc because I have 3 years of JROTC. Better than getting E1 pay in boot!!!:)

MB52
11-30-10, 12:48 PM
PFC for college credits

ALF 87
12-01-10, 12:01 AM
PFC for my College Credits, I'll be graduating in two weeks with my associates in Business Administration.

Languagelover23
12-16-10, 02:44 PM
I am, 4 years of JROTC and three years of college.

Taviah
12-16-10, 05:06 PM
I got PFC from college and have one referral so far, only problem is he is still trying to do packets to get his diploma.

zacsanders
12-18-10, 12:10 AM
I'm getting PFC from two years of JROTC.