PDA

View Full Version : The Pat Tillman Story

USNAviator
09-03-10, 06:31 PM
Got a chance to see the Pat Tillman documentary today. It was very well well done and shed some light on some rather disturbing cover-ups all the way up the food chain

I'm sure most of you know all about the lies but the documentary examines the man Pat Tillman and his motives as well as his families quest to know the truth

I doubt is this will have wide distribution, so if your interested you may have to hunt around for a showing. Enclosed is a preview clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU0eEFHAAU4

LandsNGrooves
09-05-10, 10:28 AM
Got a link to the whole thing?

I doubt anyone cares around here, being has Pat didnt pick the "right" service.

gkmoz
09-05-10, 11:40 AM
Me thinks your statement a bit harsh ! the man lost his life !!!! Moz

USNAviator
09-05-10, 11:49 AM
Got a link to the whole thing?

I doubt anyone cares around here, being has Pat didnt pick the "right" service.

No that's the only link I bothered to post. It's a new documentary that came out on Friday

Also you opinion is duly noted

hbharrison
09-05-10, 12:15 PM
Marine Corps, Army he still served our country he gave up a very good job to do what he felt was right for his country and he knew he may be killed. But to go this way, no, got to watch more before I will say any more.

USNAviator
09-05-10, 07:47 PM
Marine Corps, Army he still served our country he gave up a very good job to do what he felt was right for his country and he knew he may be killed. But to go this way, no, got to watch more before I will say any more.

Butch

If you get the chance it's an interesting documentary. That said, I doubt if it will be shown outside of the major cities...not really profitable...sad to say.

Pat Tillman gave up a $3.5 million dollar NFL contract, left his fiance, his family and enlisted to serve his country. Part of the film interviews his fellow Rangers... there were no enemy combatants in the valley where Tillman was killed. It was simply a case of poor leadership. faulty intel and trigger happy participants

He was an American who served his country and paid the ultimate price, enough said

hbharrison
09-06-10, 02:53 AM
Dan, watched and read most of what I could find and it is standing out to me that this has gone to the very top of the food chain as far as cover up. And yes I got that the "I hate Bush" bunch has even said it was his falt it was the falt of top brass in the Army and DOD. And more than likly they never told Bush a thing so as to keep him out of it until it came to light what had realy went wrong. This should have never happened but it did now they have to live with it.

hbharrison
09-06-10, 06:03 AM
You know the more I read on this I have to step back and ask, why did Tillmans Comander spilt the convoy and why the blue blazes did they send them into a box like that. Now that i say this I was not there and do not know what everyone was thinking but if we are to believe what the press says it sounds if it was one big screw-up waiting to happen. Almost sounds like some of the c*rp that went on on in VN. Just a lot more needs to come out in the open on this before I will go out on a limb any further. A lot of guestions!!!

FistFu68
09-06-10, 08:41 AM
:evilgrin: Known Only But To GOD...What a Waste...Rest In Peace Ranger Pat Tillman :iwo:

Old Marine
09-06-10, 09:21 AM
It's a shame about Pat Tillman, but this kind of crap happens.

I will say that Pat Tillman is no more a Hero than many young men who have given life and limb in the service of their country. If giving up his Pro Football career makes him more of a Hero, then shame on the people who feel that way.

LandsNGrooves
09-06-10, 11:39 AM
Me thinks your statement a bit harsh ! the man lost his life !!!! Moz

You took my statement exactly how I was trying to explain.

I was saying, a lot of people in here could care less about this because they are soo down on the Army. I don't talk **** on the Army unless they really deserve it.

Pat was a awesome dude. I bet he would have went 18x too.

DrZ
09-06-10, 11:50 AM
I believe I would feel the same about any person who lost his life to friendly fire. The thing about Tillman is BECAUSE HE GAVE UP AN NFL CONTRACT...he brought this whole issue to the media and the general populous. Friendly fire happens.... poor leadership happens....but, typically, you will never hear about it because it happens to Joe Blow or Fred Jones. Blow and Jones are only worth a minor story hidden somewhere in the paper. When it is a person who gives up a promising career in the NFL is news and the news hawks follow his military service.

What he has accomplished are poor commanders are being eyed.... poor Intel is being eyed. Not only is the military aware but general Americans are aware and VERBAL.

I don't believe Tillman is any more of a hero than any other person who lost their life during their military service... I am thankful to him for the POTENTIAL LIVES HIS DEATH MAY SAVE.

LandsNGrooves
09-06-10, 12:51 PM
good point Z

USNAviator
09-06-10, 01:14 PM
" I am thankful to him for the POTENTIAL LIVES HIS DEATH MAY SAVE."

Good point Larry. The documentary covers all that's been stated here and more. Much of it deals with Tillman's mother trying to wade through the over 3000 pages of data concerning his death

You make a good point about his "celebrity" status. Unfortunaterly the media attaches itself to such status and runs with it. If he had just been another grunt, there would be no news, no documentary and no discussion on LN, sadly.

doc h fmf
09-06-10, 02:07 PM
Pat Tillman Is An American Hero In My Eyes < Yes He Was An Army Ranger But He Volenteered For Service To Our Country> What Other Athlete Did That For Our Country.

Semper Fi Mr. Tillman Rest In Peace My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf