PDA

View Full Version : Discharged from boot

Heidmann
09-03-10, 01:21 PM
Well I shipped to boot back in October 09, and couldnt sleep for the first week and a half.. I started getting sick, confused, behind etc.. and told my DI. Went to the naval hospital for a night and...

Cellinheim
09-03-10, 01:37 PM
Take the Medical report to the recruiting station. You are in for a LONG TRIP! But if you truly want to be a Marine it will be worth it in the end. You will need a waiver to get back in. That and Recruiting Command will want to take there time with you seeing as you hare "retired." Another poolee in my poole has been going through a similar situation with a broken wrist. Which, alot of it depends on your recruiters moto to get you back on the Isle as well.

Heidmann
09-03-10, 01:44 PM
okay that what I was thinking also. Thanks for the help

Cellinheim
09-03-10, 01:46 PM
Understand, even though it has already been mentioned, that you have a wait in front of you. Stay strong, stay MOTO and GET IT DONE! :evilgrin: Otherwise, you will get tired and move on. Just stay patient. Keep me updated.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-04-10, 04:01 AM
Let us be realistic and no BS here.

No.

You'll require a waiver, and I believe it's HIGHLY unlikely it'll be granted. Basically, if it happened once, the Marine Corps is very 'gun shy' to try it again. At this point, the need for new recruits is being very well met, and the Marine Corps is DQ'ing people for nitshvit stuff like 'acne'.

I'd say your chance is under 10 percent if it's that good.

And you are NOT a poolee/DEP, you are a "Marine Friend". PM Yellowwing and thedrifter to have your status changed ASAP.

Cellinheim
09-05-10, 07:56 AM
The reality is what it is. However, the chance is still there. Would we have no medal of honor recipients if they did not do what it takes, Sgt? I was simply trying to keep him moto Sgt, your comments are always appreciated.

ScarSniper
09-05-10, 09:24 AM
Let us be realistic and no BS here.

No.

You'll require a waiver, and I believe it's HIGHLY unlikely it'll be granted. Basically, if it happened once, the Marine Corps is very 'gun shy' to try it again. At this point, the need for new recruits is being very well met, and the Marine Corps is DQ'ing people for nitshvit stuff like 'acne'.

I'd say your chance is under 10 percent if it's that good.

And you are NOT a poolee/DEP, you are a "Marine Friend". PM Yellowwing and thedrifter to have your status changed ASAP.

Ouch! Talk about straight to the point! We know what YOU qualified on the Rifle Range when you were in bootcamp: SHARPSHOOTER! :cool: Sharpshooter? Get it? Get it? No? Terrible joke, I know. :bunny:

Sgt Leprechaun
09-05-10, 05:50 PM
Quite frankly, if you want to lead the lad along with primrose ideas and promises, you do him ZERO favors. You are correct, it IS what it IS. We do not exist to coddle, cuddle, or whisper sweet nothings to wannabees. You ask the question, expect the cold, unvarnished truth. False hope is far worse than a flat out 'Sorry, NO'.

Someone can 'WANNNAAAA' all they want and be more "moto" than anyone else here, run a 300 PFT and smoke the CFT, but if they have a mental disorder, (i.e. ' had just had a psychosis') they are going to be DQ'd.

Food for thought....if Recruit training caused someone to have "just had a psychosis", WHAT do you suppose sustained combat in Afghanistan is going to do? What do you suppose dealing with thousands of dead bodies from a natural disaster is going to do? What do you suppose seeing your fellow Marines killed and maimed in an IED attack is going to do? Think long and hard on that before you answer.

There is no inherent 'right' to serve in any branch of the military. Recruit training did what it was supposed to do, which is find the folks that just can't do this sort of 'work', and have them look elsewhere for life goals.

Lastly, my 'comments' come from real world NO BS experience. Next time you decide to lecture, consider that fact. When you've BTDT and got the T-shirt(s) you'll have that right as well.

We've tiptoed right up to the line, so if anyone is feeling like a Helicopter ride, by all means, jump over it.

Cellinheim
09-05-10, 07:02 PM
I did not attempt to sugar coat the truth, sir. I did mention the waiver process to the fellow wannabe, sir. Did I consider mentioning the brutal fact of the situation to the fellow wanabe, sir? Yes,...

Sgt Leprechaun
09-05-10, 07:20 PM
Closed. No explaination was required, desired, or needed. Re-familiarize yourself with the site rules. A three day extraction should give you enough time to do so.