PDA

View Full Version : can you wear glasses and try to become a recon marine

bnadio
09-01-10, 10:08 PM
title says it all my question is that i wear glasses and i am interested in trying out for recon. i wanted to know if i am eligable if i wear glasses.

thewookie
09-01-10, 10:14 PM
title says it all my question is that i wear glasses and i am interested in trying out for recon. i wanted to know if i am eligable if i wear glasses.

Why not.

Please capitalize the M in Marine. :mad:

Lynn2
09-02-10, 07:36 AM
You need to find the current USMC regs. I am not sure you can wear them.

I do not keep up todate on these regs but over the years I have read several different versions of the eye requirements.

20/20 with minimal correction allowed is pretty standard. Laser surgery OK as long as it gets you to 20/20.

and then I came across this:

Possess a 1st class swimmer qualification.
Obtain a first class score on the PFT.
Have 20/200 near visual acuity or visual acuity not to exceed 20/400 with a completed PRK eye surgery. Normal color vision is recommended, but not required provided the Marine can complete a vivid red and vivid green recognition test.
Complete Marine Rifleman Course.
Assigned as a primary Military Occupational Specialty to entry-level Marines and obtain a manager-approved lateral-move.
Marines who graduate from the Basic Reconnaissance Course (BRC).
Volunteers from any MOS may be certified for AMOS only by Recon unit commanders after attending the SRC or through MOJT at a BRC endorsed unit-training program to include 6 months in an MOS 0321 billet.
Be eligible for a secret security clearance.
Be selected for and graduate from the Marine Special Operaations School (MSOS).