PDA

View Full Version : Housing allowance while at boot camp

ffmerritt
08-31-10, 09:02 PM
Hello, I am a poolee who will be leaving for boot camp in October. My reason for posting here is to ask a question on behalf of my wife an I. Maybe a Marine spouse who has been in my position can answer our question. While at boot camp is the housing allowance allowed to be accessed or sent home to my wife? I am not asking about my regular pay as I know that I will need the majority of that for boot camp expenses, just my Housing allowance.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-04-10, 07:15 PM
It all gets deposited into your account via direct deposit. Talk to your recruiter, they'll explain the process

jessi337
09-06-10, 10:47 PM
My husband is currently in boot camp. I do not get the BAH, unfortunately.

19jphill87
09-08-10, 09:11 AM
I was told by many that you do not accumulate BAH while you are at boot camp, the only pay you get is your base pay and thats it. I could be wrong but I asked a few different Marines and my recruiter. I was told that BAH does not start until after MCT and you are in MOS training. I also have a wife and child.

Wyoming
09-08-10, 09:25 AM
I was told by many that you do not accumulate BAH while you are at boot camp, the only pay you get is your base pay and thats it. I could be wrong but I asked a few different Marines and my recruiter. I was told that BAH does not start until after MCT and you are in MOS training. I also have a wife and child.

Good way to look after that wife and child. :thumbdown

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/image.php?u=66703&dateline=1254151054&type=profile

19jphill87
09-08-10, 11:03 AM
I'm sorry to cross you but why are you so worried about what I did almost three years ago as opposed to the question that was asked by the OP? What I did years ago has nothing to do with this topic, if you feel you need to share something with me keep it on a personal level and send it via pm thank you.

Wyoming
09-08-10, 12:17 PM
Get some Poolee. The picture IS on your profile.

Never did it say it was something done 'almost 3 years ago'.

... and I ain't worried about you, unless you are uninsured.
I also have a wife and child.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-08-10, 05:41 PM
And you post it on your profile, you invite commentary. Therefore, step the frack back and read the rules again.

19jphill87
09-08-10, 07:33 PM
Aging I'm sorry but I was only trying to keep it on toipc because I myself had this same question. Sir you are correct I did post it in my profile and the commentary is fine with me, but for the sake of the OP I simply had ask the Marine to keep it personal via pm. Sorry for sarcasm in my post but I did not intend for there to be any.

Wyoming
09-08-10, 08:11 PM
... and you did send me a PM.

... as I said I don't do PM's with poolees.

... and I don't do 'asks' from poolees real well.

... like I said, we'll 'talk' when, nay IF, you become a Marine.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-08-10, 08:12 PM
And that, as they say, is that.