PDA

View Full Version : I'm freaking out!!

WAR-Machine
08-30-10, 11:53 PM
my mom and I were talking this evening and we realized that we can't find my social security card. I ship on monday and I'm freaking out. I don't know if my recruiter has it or not. I heard that the social security office issues you a temporary until your official one comes in the mail. does the military accept the temporary or am I out of luck?

franksg99
08-31-10, 12:00 AM
Damn do you at least know the number? And also call your recruiter asap!

WAR-Machine
08-31-10, 12:02 AM
I know my number by heart and I tried calling, but my recruiter is asleep.

Rough Hands
08-31-10, 04:29 AM
That's no good... I have no real advice to give on that either. Your recruiter will figure out something, and the worst that could happen is that you get a later ship date.

Steve018
08-31-10, 08:51 AM
There has to be a way out of it. You're recruiter must have it, if he doesn't I really hope you find a way to get it.

WAR-Machine
08-31-10, 10:39 AM
we called the local SS office and they said I could get a print out, but it wouldn't be an original. I don't see the difference. MEPS has a copy of my card. why would I need the original again?

franksg99
08-31-10, 02:19 PM
Well if MEPS already has a copy and you know the # by heart it doesn't sound like it should be a problem. As long as you got the # you can sign all the paperwork you need to. I'm not an expert though but good luck !

wilsontc11
08-31-10, 06:12 PM
Yeah I lost mine too... the only place I could think of it being is in some file at MEPS or something.