PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help

lindseymjune
08-30-10, 11:38 PM
To whom it may concern....
I am writing you in hopes of information. A very large group of family and friends have lost a very important man. EODT Marine Sgt. Floyd Holley, was killed yesterday overseas. His wife is in San Diego, expecting their first child. She can't fly and is on bed rest as the shock has put her into early labor. We are trying to fly family and friends out to SD from Winter Springs, Florida to be their when our friend hits American soil. Do you know of any contacts that can help with airfare? All and any thoughts are appreciated.
God Bless
Lindsey June
lindseymjune@yahoo.com

lindseymjune
08-30-10, 11:40 PM
Thanks in advance for any and all help. Please email me personally with any info. Desperate for Marine help.
This is not a joke, i have been researching all night. No kidders please.

Marine84
08-31-10, 07:37 PM
With all due respect, you must be the kidder. I am terribly sorry for your loss but, we don't know you from Adam's house cat and you come straight out the gate asking for "donations" without so much as a link to a memorial page or any other proof.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but...................

yellowwing
08-31-10, 07:55 PM
Casselberry Marine killed in Afghanistan
By Nick VinZant, Reporter
CFNews 13 (http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/august/144794/Casselberry-Marine-killed-in-Afghanistan)
Last Updated: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:17 PM

SEMINOLE COUNTY --
A Casselberry Marine has fallen in the line of duty.

Friends said Floyd Holley was killed in Afghanistan on Aug. 29, just months before he was scheduled to come home and meet his newborn child.

Always front and center and often in his dress blues, friends said Holley was the kind of person who could bring people together and bring life to a room.

"Just his smile,” said longtime friend Shawn Whitaker. “You know, he just had a smile.”

Whitaker knew Holley for more than 20 years.

They grew up together, played sports together at Lyman High School and even though Holley moved across the country to California and joined the Marines, the two remained close.

They threw a big party every time the Purple Heart recipient came home.

"When Floyd comes around, he just attracts all these people,” Whitaker said. “You know got people coming from out of town to come see Flo. ‘What Floyd’s coming to town? Oh I'm flying in next week.’"

A gunnery sergeant in the Marines, Holley was killed by a roadside explosive while serving his third tour of duty in the Middle East.

Trained to deactivate explosive devices, friends and family knew Holley had one of the most dangers jobs in the Armed Forces. They also knew though that Holley was a soldier in many ways.

"A soldier of life, a soldier of friendship, of family, a soldier of being a family,” Whitaker said. “When he did it, whether it was wrestling or football, when he did it, he did it all the way."

Holley’s friends said they are creating a trust fund for Holley’s wife and new child.

The account will soon be set up at local Bank of America branches.

Holley is survived by his wife and unborn child as well as a brother and sister.

The local bank seems like a prudent move.

Marine84
08-31-10, 08:06 PM
Casselberry Marine killed in Afghanistan
By Nick VinZant, Reporter
CFNews 13 (http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/august/144794/Casselberry-Marine-killed-in-Afghanistan)
Last Updated: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:17 PM

SEMINOLE COUNTY --
A Casselberry Marine has fallen in the line of duty.

Friends said Floyd Holley was killed in Afghanistan on Aug. 29, just months before he was scheduled to come home and meet his newborn child.

Always front and center and often in his dress blues, friends said Holley was the kind of person who could bring people together and bring life to a room.

"Just his smile,” said longtime friend Shawn Whitaker. “You know, he just had a smile.”

Whitaker knew Holley for more than 20 years.

They grew up together, played sports together at Lyman High School and even though Holley moved across the country to California and joined the Marines, the two remained close.

They threw a big party every time the Purple Heart recipient came home.

"When Floyd comes around, he just attracts all these people,” Whitaker said. “You know got people coming from out of town to come see Flo. ‘What Floyd’s coming to town? Oh I'm flying in next week.’"

A gunnery sergeant in the Marines, Holley was killed by a roadside explosive while serving his third tour of duty in the Middle East.

Trained to deactivate explosive devices, friends and family knew Holley had one of the most dangers jobs in the Armed Forces. They also knew though that Holley was a soldier in many ways.

"A soldier of life, a soldier of friendship, of family, a soldier of being a family,” Whitaker said. “When he did it, whether it was wrestling or football, when he did it, he did it all the way."

Holley’s friends said they are creating a trust fund for Holley’s wife and new child.

The account will soon be set up at local Bank of America branches.

Holley is survived by his wife and unborn child as well as a brother and sister.

The local bank seems like a prudent move.

Like this.....................thanks yellowwing.

sparkie
08-31-10, 08:43 PM
Airlines do bereivement rates, all of em. Look it up. make a call. Flown that way myself.

lindseymjune
08-31-10, 09:33 PM
With all due respect, you must be the kidder. I am terribly sorry for your loss but, we don't know you from Adam's house cat and you come straight out the gate asking for "donations" without so much as a link to a memorial page or any other proof.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but...................

You are awful....I never asked for donations, I asked for information to help the friends and family of Floyd.....do you have to know a person to lend a kind hand. Do the men and women overseas know everyone they fight for. So sad. And thank you so very much Corporal M. You gave me the info needed to pass onto the family in your personal email....you have done more than you know. It would have taken me so long to find that info on my own. YOU ARE A GOOD SOUL, just like Floyd was.

lindseymjune
08-31-10, 09:34 PM
Thank you to all who helped me with phone number and emails. Especially corporal M

lindseymjune
08-31-10, 09:37 PM
Airlines do bereivement rates, all of em. Look it up. make a call. Flown that way myself.
Thanks! We have the immediate enroute. All info counts!

yellowwing
08-31-10, 11:34 PM
Thanks! We have the immediate enroute. All info counts!
Excellent! Thank you Linda for clearing things up. :thumbup:

Our prayers go out for our fallen Brother and his family. God watch over and comfort his family.

lindseymjune
08-31-10, 11:44 PM
Excellent! Thank you Linda for clearing things up. :thumbup:

Our prayers go out for our fallen Brother and his family. God watch over and comfort his family.

I hope all understand that i am just an old friend. I heard the news and got on every website, blog, and list i could find. I was working fast in a situation i am very unfamiliar with. The news post links were not even up yet that evening. I am sorry if i was short, desperate, or did not follow unwritten protocol. I just wanted advice as quickly as i could get it. Nothing more than that. Thank you all and God Bless you all.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-01-10, 12:02 AM
Closed. And ma'am, we are with you in spirit if nothing else. However, you also must understand that a 'blanket appeal', in this day and age, is apt to be met with some degree of skepticism. No offense would have been, or would be, intended.