PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo waiver?

devilbones
08-30-10, 07:31 PM
I am looking to come back in, but as a reservist. I have a sleeve. I was in before the ban, anyone have any luck getting in with a waiver?

Jeramy

usmc3521
08-30-10, 08:09 PM
did you have the sleeve while you were serving? It should be documented if so. I got my sleeve when I was in but they did not document them 10 years ago. My tattoo waiver was approved 3 weeks ago

Sgt Leprechaun
08-31-10, 12:14 AM
I'm guessing....not. But check with a recruiter anyway, you might get a waiver. But don't hold your breath.

devilbones
08-31-10, 06:27 AM
I looked in my records and dont see documentation of any tattoos. Motox151, how long did it take for yours to get approved?

Supersquishy
08-31-10, 06:58 AM
did you have the sleeve while you were serving? It should be documented if so. I got my sleeve when I was in but they did not document them 10 years ago. My tattoo waiver was approved 3 weeks ago

MOTO- Did you swear in yet?

Pelochin20
11-03-10, 02:37 AM
I have a tattoo on the inside of my lip and have been told i cant join i want to become a marine and i would like to know what are the chances of getting a waiver for my inner lip tatto if i dot get it i will get it laserly removed but i rather not

Sgt Leprechaun
11-03-10, 07:07 PM
Zero and none. Get it removed or seek another career.

Old Marine
11-03-10, 07:48 PM
The more I read about all these tatoos the more I figure that the Corps is turning into a regular freak show. Next thing, they will be giving waivers for body piercing. Yep, body piercing will be OK as long as you can cover it with your hand. MCO 696969

Pelochin20
11-04-10, 02:06 AM
Im goin to talk to a recruiter tomarow about the tattoo on my lip and if he says i cant join i already have a appointment to get it removed two weeks from now do you think i can still start the process if i already have a appointment to getit removed

Sgt Leprechaun
11-04-10, 02:48 AM
He'll say you can't join until it's removed. That would be my educated guess. Nothing will start until that is accomplished.