PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on my day

Jordan357
08-30-10, 11:06 AM
20100711 is my ship day im a senior in high school and have to wait til i graduate before i can ship out just wondering if anyone is in the same sh*itty spot im in and how there passing the time as for me im playing football and PT :usmc:

Rough Hands
08-30-10, 01:38 PM
I think you mean 20110711...

I have 42 days left, and I wish I had just a little more time to improve my IST/PFT. Use what time you have wisely - get all the knowledge you can and work on your physical fitness. You'll be glad that you did.

franksg99
08-30-10, 02:25 PM
Dude its senior year of highschool, it should be one of the best years of your life and you are complaining...

PARKER93
08-30-10, 08:12 PM
Im in the exact same position. Im trying to get a UZ contract so im using all the time I have to prepare myself. And franksg99 is right make sure you enjoy your'e senior year but stay out of trouble. And I like to set small goals for PT and becoming Guide and stuff like that every couple weeks, and that helps pass the time.

Jordan357
08-30-10, 09:16 PM
Ya 2011 lol school gets me all mixed up with 2010 lol but ya I'm enjoying my senior year alot of people a my school are parting and stuff I'm just staying focused on my academics and pt scores I'm just so anxious my fellow poolees say it's senioritous lol I just wanna earn that damn title :marine:

franksg99
08-30-10, 11:57 PM
Sounds good man, and if that comment came off sounding like a jerk I apologize I was just suggesting you live it up before the next 4 years of your life are locked up :banana:

Good Squire
08-31-10, 07:34 AM
Same exact ship date, same exact situation. I get you man, I just want to get healed up and in shape. School fails lol

Jordan357
08-31-10, 10:16 AM
No its cool i got what you ment i didnt see u commin off as a jerk im just anxious as hell one of the poolees at my recruting station shipped of few days ago and i was just wishin i was him lol

ScarSniper
08-31-10, 01:14 PM
20100711 is my ship day im a senior in high school and have to wait til i graduate before i can ship out just wondering if anyone is in the same sh*itty spot im in and how there passing the time as for me im playing football and PT :usmc:

You're young. Have fun, you're only a senior...twice. lol (college) But stay out of trouble like the other poolees said, remain focused and keep PTing, get to the point where you're way ahead of your peers physically, so when you get to boot, it's not as difficult as it would be if you spent the entire time bullsh!tting. If you play football, then you're getting a mini workout right there...just always PT and remember your objective. But have fun!

Last IST
Pull-ups:17 Current:18
Crunches: 121 Current: 136
1.5 Run: 9:50 Current: No Clue.

Jordan357
08-31-10, 04:19 PM
You're young. Have fun, you're only a senior...twice. lol (college) But stay out of trouble like the other poolees said, remain focused and keep PTing, get to the point where you're way ahead of your peers physically, so when you get to boot, it's not as difficult as it would be if you spent the entire time bullsh!tting. If you play football, then you're getting a mini workout right there...just always PT and remember your objective. But have fun!

Last IST
Pull-ups:17 Current:18

Ya I just wanna get the freaking title I WANNA BE A MARINE!!! I live in a small hick town were everybody smokes weed and eveyyhing I can't stand it I wanna come back an people look at me with respect and say "he's made a difference he did something with his life" I wanna wear that uniform and just fulfill my lifelong dream
Of bein a marine

ScarSniper
08-31-10, 06:24 PM
Ya I just wanna get the freaking title I WANNA BE A MARINE!!! I live in a small hick town were everybody smokes weed and eveyyhing I can't stand it I wanna come back an people look at me with respect and say "he's made a difference he did something with his life" I wanna wear that uniform and just fulfill my lifelong dream
Of bein a marine

I know the feeling. I want to earn the title too. It's frustrating, the waiting but the motivation remains. Then again, I hang out with Marines literally everyday because I'm ALWAYS at the recruiting station working out when i'm not working (job) so it's easy to stay focused. It's practically my second home and all the recruiters there are the sh!t. But I know what you mean, I live in N.Y. and there's a lot to do out here, but being a Marine surpasses anything I can think of, including riches. I got tired of the routine lifestyle and watching the war on television and want to contribute and do my part. It's just the impatience of patiently waiting to make it to bootcamp. Think of it like this though, everyday in DEP is a day you can use to improve yourself for when you ship out, because once we're out there, I get the feeling we're in for more then we bargained for..so it's best to get extra preperation. Use the remaining time intelligently, and get it in with the PT. Learn Marine Corps knowledge. It took me a while, but I know the hymn, the General Orders, the Officer and Enlisted ranks and insignias, and the Rifle Creed. I hear that'll help a lot when you get to boot. Also, work on your core. For most of us poolees, the only real core workouts we do are crunches. There's a core workout called "Watching TV", ask your recruiter to demonstrate it and start practicing, because it's not easy. Also, electric chair and monkey-f*ckers. That'll help us in bootcamp, I believe. Think of your time here as an opportunity to make hell a little cooler, because I'm pretty sure our hell is hot at bootcamp, man.

Last IST
Pull-ups:17 Current:18 (SO close to 19 today! Chin was RIGHT below the fricking bar. smh. Trying to get to 20!!)

pattchan
08-31-10, 06:30 PM
hey just curious waterford, MI?
im from clarkston and my recruiter's office is across great lakes crossing

Jordan357
08-31-10, 07:42 PM
hey just curious waterford, MI?
im from clarkston and my recruiter's office is across great lakes crossing
no lol in california its a bodunk town population of like 9000 lol

Jordan357
08-31-10, 07:44 PM
I know the feeling. I want to earn the title too. It's frustrating, the waiting but the motivation remains. Then again, I hang out with Marines literally everyday because I'm ALWAYS at the recruiting station working out when i'm not working (job) so it's easy to stay focused. It's practically my second home and all the recruiters there are the sh!t. But I know what you mean, I live in N.Y. and there's a lot to do out here, but being a Marine surpasses anything I can think of, including riches. I got tired of the routine lifestyle and watching the war on television and want to contribute and do my part. It's just the impatience of patiently waiting to make it to bootcamp. Think of it like this though, everyday in DEP is a day you can use to improve yourself for when you ship out, because once we're out there, I get the feeling we're in for more then we bargained for..so it's best to get extra preperation. Use the remaining time intelligently, and get it in with the PT. Learn Marine Corps knowledge. It took me a while, but I know the hymn, the General Orders, the Officer and Enlisted ranks and insignias, and the Rifle Creed. I hear that'll help a lot when you get to boot. Also, work on your core. For most of us poolees, the only real core workouts we do are crunches. There's a core workout called "Watching TV", ask your recruiter to demonstrate it and start practicing, because it's not easy. Also, electric chair and monkey-f*ckers. That'll help us in bootcamp, I believe. Think of your time here as an opportunity to make hell a little cooler, because I'm pretty sure our hell is hot at bootcamp, man.

Last IST
Pull-ups:17 Current:18 (SO close to 19 today! Chin was RIGHT below the fricking bar. smh. Trying to get to 20!!)
ya i see what you mean the news says there pullin troops out but i have this feeling that something bigs happining soon thats why i wanna get in now so i can do my part. Ive been studing big time i know most the general orders all the ranks enlisted and officer and the ingnias but the waiting is killer

sparkie
08-31-10, 08:00 PM
"I just wanna earn that damn title :marine:"

HAHAHA,,,,,Well said, son. I can imagine the frustration of all that wait. Time to kill, mixed with the worry of when you finally arrive at that date.
I've a suggestion for you. Know how to play checkers? A waisted game really, unless you are at an old folks home playing with some old vet. If you need a hobby, that's a good one. Will round you out a bit.

Occupy Yourself,,,,,,and help someone out. Think about it.

And quit takin pictures in the bathroom,,,LOL.<!-- / message -->

Jordan357
08-31-10, 11:18 PM
"I just wanna earn that damn title :marine:"

HAHAHA,,,,,Well said, son. I can imagine the frustration of all that wait. Time to kill, mixed with the worry of when you finally arrive at that date.
I've a suggestion for you. Know how to play checkers? A waisted game really, unless you are at an old folks home playing with some old vet. If you need a hobby, that's a good one. Will round you out a bit.

Occupy Yourself,,,,,,and help someone out. Think about it.

And quit takin pictures in the bathroom,,,LOL.<!-- / message -->
hahahaha lol yeah took that pic for some girl that liked me so i didnt really car i just threw it up there but that sounds like a good idea i help out my communinty alot not much to do here only 9000 people in this dam town