PDA

View Full Version : Making the Cut

PooleePags
08-26-10, 04:51 PM
I dont know if anybody here has ever watching it, but theres a show on discovery that shows the training of Spec Ops. Next week its supposed to be Recon Training its one Wednesday at 10 discovery channel

Steve018
08-26-10, 07:28 PM
A friend told me about it, I'll check it out.

franksg99
08-26-10, 08:52 PM
It's one of my new favorite shows, so far they have shown Ranger school and Pararescue. They both look pretty intense IMO but can't wait for Recon!

Nerd
08-27-10, 12:23 AM
Recon is just like Navy SEALs but they wear the Eagle Globe and Anchor. haha. pretty hard core if you ask me

Rough Hands
08-27-10, 02:40 AM
Recon is just like Navy SEALs but they wear the Eagle Globe and Anchor. haha. pretty hard core if you ask me

There's still quite a bit of a difference...

DubGee
08-27-10, 08:39 AM
Force Recon is somewhat like Navy SEALs but they wear the Eagle Globe and Anchor. haha. pretty hard core if you ask me

Fixed.

wilsontc11
08-27-10, 10:13 AM
Force Recon is MARSOC now I believe, if you want to be a giant smart ass about it

DevilDogsSon269
08-27-10, 11:32 AM
I dont know if anybody here has ever watching it, but theres a show on discovery that shows the training of Spec Ops. Next week its supposed to be Recon Training its one Wednesday at 10 discovery channel

Surviving the Cut Wednesdays 10PM Eastern Time.

How was last weeks PJ episode. I almost went AF as a PJ but I wanted Marines for too long to change that.

DevilDogsSon269
08-27-10, 11:42 AM

Not to be a D.I.C.K but Recon is nothing like Seals. First of all not all Recon are Scuba trained. Not all recon participate in BUDs and Recon is Marsoc now but they are still Recon. I was signed up for SEALs program when I claim to be anything like a SEAL. The Job of both are different and yet the same. Keep in mind Recon is Infantry. SEALs are not infantry and do not have a primary objective of Intel, and Direct Combat. SEALs primary objective is infiltration, securing targets and secured zones, some intel, recapturing target objecives, and anti-terror/pirating. Both can share the same objectives but do not always. This is very broad but to the point.

xfusex
08-27-10, 01:32 PM
It's funny you mention the "similarities" between Force Recon which is now MARSOC and the SEALS. The SEALS liked our camo so much that the SEALS are one of only three non-Marine personnel authorized to wear MARPAT digital camo uniforms. The other are Chaplains and Corpsman. Making SEALS the only combat personnel authorized to do so.

Take that how you want.

PooleePags
08-27-10, 01:46 PM
I think all the Military is doing anti-terror stuff nowadays..

DevilDogsSon269
08-27-10, 02:24 PM
It's funny you mention the "similarities" between Force Recon which is now MARSOC and the SEALS. The SEALS liked our camo so much that the SEALS are one of only three non-Marine personnel authorized to wear MARPAT digital camo uniforms. The other are Chaplains and Corpsman. Making SEALS the only combat personnel authorized to do so.

Take that how you want.

When did they start wearing Marpat and are they MARPat or a similar pattern? The army has one similar to ours along with their regular ACUs

Rough Hands
08-27-10, 04:39 PM
When did they start wearing Marpat and are they MARPat or a similar pattern? The army has one similar to ours along with their regular ACUs

There was actually an article on Military.com about how the Navy just realized that their blue digital cammies aren't practical in any setting other than on board a ship, so they're going off the Marine Corps MARPAT designs for their new uniforms. It's rather funny.

ScarSniper
08-27-10, 06:15 PM
There was actually an article on Military.com about how the Navy just realized that their blue digital cammies aren't practical in any setting other than on board a ship, so they're going off the Marine Corps MARPAT designs for their new uniforms. It's rather funny.

The Navy's cammies would fit perfectly in a combat environment...on Pandora, against 10 foot tall blue aliens who shoot bow and arrows instead of M16s. Navy. Smh.

xfusex
08-27-10, 07:23 PM
Their new cammies are a rip off of ours, yes. But, I was referring to how they've been wearing ours for a few years now. Any chaplain or corpsman in the field will be wearing them. You'll see them at Boot camp and at SOI.

Cellinheim
08-27-10, 11:09 PM

Interesting that you have mentioned this. My recruiter made a sly comment the other day about how stupid their cammo was. He made the comment that if they fell into the water no one could see them, sort of a life risk instead of a life saver ...:sick:

alphamarine23
08-27-10, 11:25 PM
Ya, the Navy and their countless amounts of uniforms are pretty entertaining. I read an article in the Marine Corps Times that they just wanted to be like the Marines and have less uniforms so that when they go on a deployment out to sea on a ship they would have more room in their sea bag for other gear.

DevilDogsSon269
08-28-10, 04:24 AM
Bout time they realize that. Besides where on a ship can they hide? also the navy doesnt seem to realize the blue digis make it hard to rescue over board sailors....